Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ellen View Post
    Bow only for me. Period.
    Same, have no desire to shoot a deer with a rifle.

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
    There are just things you can’t do with a bow. I’d love to do all bow but I can’t afford to pay for 3 trips to kill one sheep (for example). Sometimes my bow stays at home.
    I can understand that completely.

Comment

I hunt with all kinds of stuff and enjoy it all. Scoped rifle, black powder, pistols, and my longbow. Not ashamed to hunt with any of them and enjoy time in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
        Who all else in here lives and dies by the Bow?? I dont gun hunt and havent in the last 24 years. If I cant kill a buck with a bow I'll go without. It's down to the wire again for me. I passed a few dink bucks and handful of does this season at the Vine and here I sit now empty handed. I havent really hunted my urban spots this season and now I'm almost out of time. I slept in today again and feel like I may not get it done this season once again. Last year I was fortunate enough to take a great buck on the last morning of the season and am wondering now if I can repeat?? I guess I better get in to the blind for the next few days and at least make an attempt. I'm 6 years in a Row on filling buck tags and wanna keep it going so I better quit being lazy at this point. Good luck to all you last minute warriors. It's not over til.the fat lady sings. Or your buddy's start talking trash and get you moving. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
        Not I! I ditched the bow and treestand last weekend and sat in a woodpile with my 12 gauge and shot the buck I had been hunting all season with my bow at 23 yards and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          I hunt with all kinds of stuff and enjoy it all. Scoped rifle, black powder, pistols, and my longbow. Not ashamed to hunt with any of them and enjoy time in the woods.
          I agree. There is a place and scenario for all types of hunting. I've done it all myself. Just something special about bow killing deer at 10 and 20 yards from the ground I've grown fond of. You Can't beat the close encounters in my opinion. My closest bow kill is at 7 paces so far. You feel like they cam hear you blinking. Way intense.

Comment

i`m in this category , if there were a season for chunking spears I`d do that to .

Comment

I've been bow only so far (2 of my spots are archery only anyway) and am looking tag soup right in the eyes. I have killed a mature buck 4 years in a row but this year has slipped by without much of a chance.

I made a move and hung my climber out in a new spot yesterday that I plan on hunting this weekend to see of anything new shows up. The rain has kept my spots flooded pretty much all year and today and tomorrow dang sure aren't helping.

I will use the rifle on pigs without hesitation.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                I've been bow only so far (2 of my spots are archery only anyway) and am looking tag soup right in the eyes. I have killed a mature buck 4 years in a row but this year has slipped by without much of a chance.

I made a move and hung my climber out in a new spot yesterday that I plan on hunting this weekend to see of anything new shows up. The rain has kept my spots flooded pretty much all year and today and tomorrow dang sure aren't helping.

I will use the rifle on pigs without hesitation.
                Good luck man. I'm a believer in last minute miracles.

Comment

This is me. Have no shame with using any weapon. My biggest buck is with a bow. I still can't wait to get a deer (no matter the size) with my Trad gear though.

Comment

All taste the same. All look the same on the wall. I bowhunt during bow season. Rifle hunt the rest. Equal opportunity killer here!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                      Good luck man. I'm a believer in last minute miracles.

Thanks bud, same to you

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

My plan is to bow hunt thru regular season then fill my tags during late doe/spike season. Last year I shot a fantastic buck (for our place) with a rifle and hardly got excited. Afterwards I was thinking man wish I woulda left that to hunt with my bow.

Comment

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
                            My plan is to bow hunt thru regular season then fill my tags during late doe/spike season. Last year I shot a fantastic buck (for our place) with a rifle and hardly got excited. Afterwards I was thinking man wish I woulda left that to hunt with my bow.
                            I just messed up an opportunity this evening. Got busted at 12 yards. I was on my phone. Ughhhhh. My leg was shaking uncontrollably. Lol. I looked up and he was staring at my blind 12 yards away. Never heard him come in. Luckily he didnt blow or run off. He walked away. Didnt like what he saw. Even though I didnt get a shot off that close experience was amazing. Can't beat it.

Comment

I love bow hunting and would rather do it. Stick with it throughout most of the year, but I do love shooting my guns and I’ll let some lead fly at anytime!

Comment

People shoot deer with a gun?[emoji848]

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X