Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Traditional

Old 03-29-2022, 10:41 PM   #1
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default As good as new.

Primal Tech master bowyer Randy Madden did me a kind turn.
I had a suspicious couple of spots on a Tall Tines riser. I blew out the lower limb on it so it had no purpose but I couldn't let it go. I bought another a lot like it, limbs and all, from Tim King but still, I kept it.
Showed it to Randy and after a quick inspection he believed it was not as bad as I'd feared and he could fix it up.
So he did. It looks great. Now just to locate some limbs.Name:  20220326_153550.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  107.6 KBName:  20220326_153539.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  128.8 KBName:  20220326_153528.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  130.9 KB

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2022, 10:42 PM   #2
helical
Eight Point

Hunt In: North and West Texas

That’s a beaut..
helical is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2022, 02:38 PM   #3
awry
Ten Point

Nice. Glad ya kept it
awry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-03-2022, 09:36 PM   #4
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Very nice looking riser, and great story about it.
3ChordTruth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2022, 04:58 AM   #5
60 Deluxe
Ten Point

Hunt In: at home

It looks like Randy managed to hide the repairs well. Have you tested the repair with your other set of limbs? It might be a good idea to do so before spending money on limbs. I had a Wes Wallace that was turning loose at a glue line so I drilled it, glued and screwed it, then refinished the whole riser. Even with as much glue as I put into that riser, the crack opens up about a thousandth of an inch when the bow is strung. I use it occasionally, but it gives me pause. That bow will be burned before it is sold.

I could have helped you a couple of years ago. I've owned several Tall Tines over the years. I even had some extra sets of limbs. Good bows.

Remind me what weight you are looking for. Does it matter if they are fancy or plain?
60 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2022, 07:01 AM   #6
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
It looks like Randy managed to hide the repairs well. Have you tested the repair with your other set of limbs? It might be a good idea to do so before spending money on limbs. I had a Wes Wallace that was turning loose at a glue line so I drilled it, glued and screwed it, then refinished the whole riser. Even with as much glue as I put into that riser, the crack opens up about a thousandth of an inch when the bow is strung. I use it occasionally, but it gives me pause. That bow will be burned before it is sold.

I could have helped you a couple of years ago. I've owned several Tall Tines over the years. I even had some extra sets of limbs. Good bows.

Remind me what weight you are looking for. Does it matter if they are fancy or plain?
I've been shooting the limbs I have on it. Only a few shots so far.
I'm looking at getting some to around 40lbs. I can get them reduced a few pounds so up to 45@28 will work.
Honestly the slight separations it had weren't anything to my eyes until pointed out to me. Then wasn't sure if they were scratches or . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top