Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

We hunt off hwy 189 close to the Sutton/Val Verde county line. Spent the weekend filling feeders and checking things out. Things were damp and green. If a rock or low spot could hold water it was wet. Things look awesome !
    All the rain had the tarantulas moving, I saw 10 of them.

I had a goat that had gotten stuck in my feed pen..... game cam literally had a thousand pics of buzzards on it. Coons had pulled my solar panel wire loose so my battery was dead and had not been feeding

Everything is back up and running !

Last edited by Texas8point; 06-24-2019, 05:02 AM.

The green is nice, but with the high temps we are getting now, it’s going from green back to brown fast!!!!! I live about 3 mile east of Sonora.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      The green is nice, but with the high temps we are getting now, it’s going from green back to brown fast!!!!! I live about 3 mile east of Sonora.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I took those pics Sunday so still pretty green. Definitely by mid July things will be crispy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our place is on cty road 410, just off 189. Gonna be there next week. Looking so forward to it!!! I hope the Axis are running around!!

Comment

I hope the rain keeps coming.... green stuff turns brown and dangerously flammable way to fast.

Comment

Just got on a new lease this year in Val Verde county. We are a few miles North of Comstock. We have corn feeders and protein feeders up and going but did not put our cameras out yet. Hoping that we have some good deer on the place. One of the members last year killed a 150. Will be following this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger View Post
              Just got on a new lease this year in Val Verde county. We are a few miles North of Comstock. We have corn feeders and protein feeders up and going but did not put our cameras out yet. Hoping that we have some good deer on the place. One of the members last year killed a 150. Will be following this thread.
              Its a great county, you'll have a good time. I wouldn't count on a 150, but they do come along now and then. We (10 hunters) usually kill 1 big buck every year. We put our cameras up in August. We've tried leaving them up but the sun literally melts them. Good luck.

Comment

We have a place about 8 miles west of Sonora, very green right now and deer are looking very healthy. Saw a group of 5-6 bucks running and they seem to be in good shape. I know Jul-Aug it gets tough for them so I hope the rain continues like it did last year.
                Attached Files

Comment

FYI:
                  My neighbors and I have found a dozen dead deer within the last week. Buzzards everywhere. I’m sure there’s more than that we have missed.
                  Has anyone else come across this?
                  I spoke to the biologist and he said it didn't look good. He said the conditions are perfect for anthrax.
                  He also said he had received multiple other calls with the same concerns in the relative area.
                  Just wanted to get some opinions

Comment

Originally posted by jfritz06 View Post
                    fyi:
                    My neighbors and i have found a dozen dead deer within the last week. Buzzards everywhere. I’m sure there’s more than that we have missed.
                    I spoke to the biologist and he said it didn't look good. He said the conditions are perfect for anthrax.
                    He also said he had received multiple other calls with the same concerns in the relative area.
                    oh no!

Comment

Originally posted by JFRITZ06 View Post
                      FYI:
                      My neighbors and I have found a dozen dead deer within the last week. Buzzards everywhere. I’m sure there’s more than that we have missed.
                      I hope not.....

Comment

What part of the county is that in?

Comment

In for a response about location. I hunt the Val Verde/Terrell County line. About 10 years ago they had a big die off in our area due to anthrax.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            In for a response about location. I hunt the Val Verde/Terrell County line. About 10 years ago they had a big die off in our area due to anthrax.

I knew about that one. That’s what has me scared.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                              What part of the county is that in?

Val Verde/Sutton County Line HWY 189

Comment

Working...
                              X