Hunting Day Pack Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Day Pack Recomendations

I have an old game winner day pack from academy that I’ve been using for the last 10 years or so. It’s still serviceable but it’s showing it’s age, some zippers are broke,etc. been looking at various day packs for the last few weeks,

From what I’ve found, the Kuiu divide is showing to meet my needs; good external pockets, light weight, tough fabric, and a waist belt which I’ve grown quite fond of.

As a mid-sized hunting day pack, the Divide 1500 offers essential organization and hydration capability for day hunts and scouting trips. Its expandable Divide pocket is lined with abrasion and water-resistant fabric, making it ideal for stowing extra clothes or gear. It features a zippered bottom opening allowing stor

This is my “every time I’m in the field pack “ that carry’s my knifes, jet boil, binos, rangefinders, water bottles, Snacks and a mountain house, flash lights, and a few other odd items.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on a similar pack?

I ran a Badlands super day back when I was hunting elk every year for my day pack.

Not huge, definitely not Kuiu but a quality well built long lasting pack.

I'd definitely recommend finding someone who has one and trying it out with a decent load in it before you buy.

I am short and fat but have a longish torso so the super day is really comfortable for me.

I tried others and even with all of the adjustments, I couldn't get one to feel right. Either all the weight on my hips or all on my shoulders.

Comment

If you're packing a stove and other similar items, it's sounds like you are doing more than driving a 4 wheeler 10 min to sit in a blind, in which case 1500ci(24l) would be a little small for me.
      With a bladder it's only 1300ci.
      In the mountains I carry a 2400 and it's tight sometimes.
      If it's my one pack to rule them all, I would size up.

Comment

That Divide looks awesome and light enough for day hikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got a Divide 1200 a couple of weeks ago. During the week I use it for carrying my laptop etc for work. This weekend I used it at the lease. I really like it and it is very well made. It is designed to be able to carry a tripod/spotting scope etc between the main compartment and the outside compartment. The only thing I wish was different was that you could fasten that outside compartment down tighter if you don't have anything in between the two compartments but it isn't like it is super loose and sloppy either. Just a minor nitpick.

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

I have the Kuiu Venture 2300. I wouldn’t want to go any smaller.

I do like that you can take off the hip belt on the Divide though. Wish you could on the Venture.

Overall though it’s a great pack and very well made

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                I have the Kuiu Venture 2300. I wouldn’t want to go any smaller.

I do like that you can take off the hip belt on the Divide though. Wish you could on the Venture.

Overall though it’s a great pack and very well made
                I looked hard at the venture but it’s lack of easy access pockets made me go to the divide. I do like the venture has Codura ripstop fabric rather than just the 330D Codura the divide has.

I’m 5’6 and around 150 lbs so the larger bags get a bit more cumbersome than I like. I don’t utilize the water bladder and typically remove them.

I would venture thet my current bag is no more than 1500 CU and possibly a bit smaller so I think I’ll be ok….if not I’ll send it back and go with the venture

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  If you're packing a stove and other similar items, it's sounds like you are doing more than driving a 4 wheeler 10 min to sit in a blind, in which case 1500ci(24l) would be a little small for me.
                  With a bladder it's only 1300ci.
                  In the mountains I carry a 2400 and it's tight sometimes.
                  If it's my one pack to rule them all, I would size up.
                  I’ll carry a stove in my pack when I’m hunting away from a vehicle….I eat a lot and have no issues plopping down and mixing up a ramen or mountain house when I get hungry.

For my big trips I have a big Alaskan guide aluminum frame pack that I can fit a weeks worth of gear in.

Comment

I have the Pro 1850 and love it. I don't think they offer it anymore. Plenty of space, added the bow holder and can pack a deer out if needed.

Comment

One thought would be an Exo K3 frame with an 1800 bag. Then down the road if/when you want a larger bag you don’t need a new frame, just the bag/pack

Comment

I love my exo frame w/ the 2000 bag and lid on it. Heck of a day pack and when I go on longer trips I just swap out bags to my 3500 or 5500 sizes.

Comment

I ordered the Kuiu, if I don’t like it I’ll return it. It’s gonna be a toss up on if it’s big enough or not…we will see.

One thing is this is my general bag so I’m taking it into the bow stand same as on mule deer and elk hunts. I think an 1800 CU would be ideal but I’m gonna see how this Kuiu bag comes in

Comment

I have the Venture 1800 and 2300 and like them a lot. I don't think you can go wrong with Kuiu.

Comment

I don't think you can find them anymore but the Sitka Flash 20 is fantastic for a day pack. I have several other much higher dollar packs but just can't get rid of this one and still grab it for short hunts. It still looks new after lots of rough Amistad trips. Mountain Archery had them for $120 for the longest time.

Comment

Working...
                              X