Real World MPG - Heavy Duty Gas Burnner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Almost all the transmission issues I’ve seen were from the 2020 trucks. The first revision had quite a few teething issues. They’re in the 3rd revision now, and it seems to be a much more solid option. They still haven’t worked out the ignition (coil wire) issues yet.
    Good to know, when I picked up my 19' 6.7 in 20 as a leftover model it was pretty much the same price as the 7.3 gasser with the new gadgets and engine. I've often wondered if I should have switched over then. Reading about the above issues is kinda why I stuck with a tried and true (for now).

Great thread.

BTW, some of your gasser MPG's while towing a sxs on a trailer are right there with mine. 10-12. Freaking parachutes.

Comment

2017 F350 CC short bed 4x4 with the 6.2 gas engine and 3.73 rear end.
      Just under 61,000 miles and I hand calculate every tank. Life to date mileage is 12.4 mpg.
      I have gotten as high as 17 on the highway and as low as 8.5 carrying my truck camper and pulling my ATV trailer.
      Love the truck and the engine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a guy in Longview with a new 7.3 and he has some sort of hook up with Whipple and was able to get their supercharger kit back in Feb. I saw the dyno sheet on his truck....737ft-lbs and 688 hp on 93. Says he gets 14 on the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Good to know, when I picked up my 19' 6.7 in 20 as a leftover model it was pretty much the same price as the 7.3 gasser with the new gadgets and engine. I've often wondered if I should have switched over then. Reading about the above issues is kinda why I stuck with a tried and true (for now).

Great thread.

BTW, some of your gasser MPG's while towing a sxs on a trailer are right there with mine. 10-12. Freaking parachutes.
          I’m getting better mileage towing my Can Am with the 7.3 than I was with my 17’ 6.7. 11.5 vs 10.5. I’m sure that’ll drop a lot more with heavy weight on it, but so far I’m really pleased with the 7.3.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            I get 17-20mpg in my 250 diesel and it only drops to about 14-15 when hauling the horse trailer fully loaded. I have honestly been contemplating going to a gasser on the next one as I don't see enough savings in the diesel (especially when it comes to repairs), but then I know that the diesel motor if properly maintained will be on the road years after that gasser is wore out. I usually get 550K-600K out my diesel motors. That is what makes me think it is wash either way. When my diesel repairs cost me more a month than a new payment it is time to by another one.
            Good lord almighty, what year truck, I have never heard of that kind of mileage. My 2017 I get 12 - 14 daily and when I pull my 40' fifth wheel I get 8 - 9.

Comment

Just made a one day trip from Nacogdoches to Dallas and back last week. Mine has a 7.3l and got 15.3- bumped just under 16 but didn't stay there long.

Comment

I have a 2012 fx4 250 with the 6.2. Iv had it for 4 years and never saw over 11. It sits around 9.5 mostly. Bought a 2022 duramax z71 crew srw 1 ton. Got 6500 miles on it and sets around 14 but iv reset it on trips and saw 16 at 75-85mph.

Comment

16 F250 4x4 with 6.2 and 35” wheels. Avg 10.5. 12 on the highway. Towing 9. Mileage sucks but I don’t want to start over on payments. Other than that I like the truck. Does what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                    Just made a one day trip from Nacogdoches to Dallas and back last week. Mine has a 7.3l and got 15.3- bumped just under 16 but didn't stay there long.

Best I’ve read of, what gearing and what flavor fuel? (87,89,93- corn free?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      I’m getting better mileage towing my Can Am with the 7.3 than I was with my 17’ 6.7. 11.5 vs 10.5. I’m sure that’ll drop a lot more with heavy weight on it, but so far I’m really pleased with the 7.3.

10-4, if someone were to steal my 6.7 tomorrow I’d give the 7.3 a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                        I've got a 2022 F250 Tremor (4:30 is the only option on the 7.3 Tremor). I'm averaging about 13 MPG. This includes my 14 mile round trip to the house and office during the week and a few highway miles on the weekend. I don't see much strictly highway miles but suspect I'd get closer to 14 MPG.

Pulling my 25' travel trailer I'll get 8-9 MPG depending on speed. I've never got a true weight of my trailer, but it's not overly heavy. I think dry weight is only around 5,000 lbs. Truck doesn't really know its back there for the most part.

I’ve got a 20’ 7.3 tremor and get about the same. Best I’ve gotten was a 60mile round trip at 60-65mph, 16.7mpg. Pulling a 6k lb TT at 65 I get around 9.5. There’s a time and a place for the diesel for sure, but doing it strictly for MPG shouldn’t be the reason to get one.

Comment

Working...
                        X