No announcement yet.

TV at deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have high speed fiber at the ranch so I have Amazon prime, Netflix and Hulu just like at the house.

I spent my entire youth and young adulthood being at the ranch with no T.V. We had a tv, but much more enjoyed the time around a fire drinking whiskey. Never watched the tube very much

Now, the ranch is gone, the whiskey drinkers have moved on and it’s just a different vibe. At my place I enjoy having a roaring fire in the fire place and watching an old western or some show like Alone. One evening me and the wife watched the entire 1st season of Yellowstone.

Just a different vibe and a different time in life. Grew up in camps with great camaraderie where we didn’t have a tv or didn’t watch it and didn’t care. Now things are different and I appreciate coming in out of the heat and turning on a show or winding down with a movie after the evening hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Agreed.. to each their own. I was just sharing my “own” and why we do what we do. I love a good campfire but we also love a good CFB rivalry game too.. we try to balance it out. I can understand not wanting to watch anything as well.

Ours works out best when the Horns or Ags play at 11. Breakfast is done and everybody is ready to chill after an early morning.. Campfire is saved for Sat evening…
      10-4. Sounds like good times for sure and you all have a good group.
      Last edited by tps7742; 07-23-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
        I have high speed fiber at the ranch so I have Amazon prime, Netflix and Hulu just like at the house.

I spent my entire youth and young adulthood being at the ranch with no T.V. We had a tv, but much more enjoyed the time around a fire drinking whiskey. Never watched the tube very much

Now, the ranch is gone, the whiskey drinkers have moved on and it’s just a different vibe. At my place I enjoy having a roaring fire in the fire place and watching an old western or some show like Alone. One evening me and the wife watched the entire 1st season of Yellowstone.

Just a different vibe and a different time in life. Grew up in camps with great camaraderie where we didn’t have a tv or didn’t watch it and didn’t care. Now things are different and I appreciate coming in out of the heat and turning on a show or winding down with a movie after the evening hunt
        I made the smart aleck comment, but in all seriousness, this is where we are as well. Almost to the word. I do miss the old times though.

Comment

I have two different swim boxes and three different dishes . One dish at my house, one at the lease and one at my buddies lake house I just take the swim box and hook it up to the dish I’m going to be at . Are I have Direct Tv app on my phone and can watch all my channel I have purchased except for locals on my phone! But I’m definitely not going to be with out TV at the leases to many good football games on during the the day and at night during deer season to miss out on . Too get the locals in the area I’m at I just get a antenna and hook it up to the tv it will get the locals and Grit channel!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
            If you have good cell signal - we just hotspot from cell on smart tv.
            I think this is what I am going to do -

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
              I think this is what I am going to do -
              Nothing worse than buffering during a critical play in the big game! But yeah this is simple enough. I use a separate box from our Dish account for $7 a month. Works great.

Comment

Direct tv has an App for smart tvs/phones, or screen share from your cell phone to tv.

Comment

We have tv at our place. In fact we have several. One outside, one in living room, one in bedroom. We have direct tv. If there is a good group of just guys sometimes it never gets turned on. If it’s just me, or just me and the boy, we enjoy having it on. We enjoy watching the outdoor channels while there.

Comment

I look forward to not having a TV when at the lease. I also mute my phone to get some peace and quiet while hunting and relaxing

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                      There’s absolutely no better place to watch a Saturday college football rivalry game that at the deer lease with good friends and good food. I’d even argue it’s better than being at the game itself.

Prove me wrong…
                      Count me in on this group.

Comment

Starlink RV, if you want to spend the money on it might open more possiblities for streaming. We don't really watch TV at deer camp, but I just got Starlink RV. That opens up the possiblity of being able to spend more time there (working remotely) so that might change the situation a bit to where I might think about getting a TV. As it is now there really isn't time for it.

Comment

Had Directv at the lease for years. All the way back to the round dish. I just have an extra receiver that they think is at my house.

Had a spare dish and power inserter at the ranch. Even had to local satellite install come to camp a couple times when we were outside of Seymour

Comment

Working...
                          X