No announcement yet.

Harbor Freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have some 1/2" impact sockets I bought 30 years ago. I haven't broken one yet.

Comment

Overall I've had good luck with most of the stuff I buy from there. I try to only buy the items that have really good reviews. They have really improved their tool quality across the board but their prices have gone up as well.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My experience with HF stuff is it either breaks the first time you use it, or it lasts forever

Their stuff is way better now than it used to be as well

Comment

Their serpentine belt tool kit may be a cheap version but it can save the skin on your hands and arms when working on a vehicle. The telescopic magnetic pickup tool is a handy dandy tool to have when you drop a tool or part.

Comment

Harbor freight is the place you go if you want one of 2 things:

1. The cheapest hammer or wrench you can find. Their simple hand tools seem to hold up ok for moderate use.

2. Something you'll use once and never need again.

Comment

I won't even step in a HF. I've borrowed two tools from my Father inlaw that were HF tools and both broke. I went and bought him new Rigid tools to replace them. Now he wants me to borrow more tools. I wonder why.....nope. If I need a tool I just go buy a good one.

Comment

Yes but my wrecking bar is still working!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
                  I won't even step in a HF. I've borrowed two tools from my Father inlaw that were HF tools and both broke. I went and bought him new Rigid tools to replace them. Now he wants me to borrow more tools. I wonder why.....nope. If I need a tool I just go buy a good one.
                  HF hand tools have a lifetime warranty. Could have gotten free replacements to use are spares and bought the Rigid tools as well.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had good luck with a lot of their tools. Their cheaper line of air compressors (central pneumatic) aren't reliable. The Reed Valves seem to go out of them really often. I've replaced multiple for people who asked me for help. They aren't hard to replace but it's annoying.

Comment

I use their stuff because it is cheap and I don’t make a living with my tools.

Heard if it has a battery or a cord, not to buy it from there.

Comment

They are having a sale.

Comment

Their Icon line of hand tools is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Do they have ANYTHING in their stores that isn't made in China or India?
                            Name a big box store that does?

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                              Harbor freight is the place you go if you want one of 2 things:

1. The cheapest hammer or wrench you can find. Their simple hand tools seem to hold up ok for moderate use.

2. Something you'll use once and never need again.
                              Tell me you haven't used any of their stuff without telling me you haven't used any of their stuff.

Comment

Their entire store is made in China….pay attention to who you are supporting

Comment

Working...
                                X