Adding power pole to your boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    My grab bar above my center console rubs the rafters when I push it in the garage. That was one of the reasons I haven't got one or two yet. That and the $5k price tag it would take before its all said and done for two of them. but now I've found this bracket that allows you to lay them down.

[ATTACH]1092476[/ATTACH]

Next question. How many of yall with 8 footers wish you would have gotten the 10 footers?

I can easily talk myself out of spending the extra money but I wonder if I'd regret it.
    That's the normal bracket that came with my talon. You fast need a bolt that it easily removable.

Comment

My grab bar above my center console rubs the rafters when I push it in the garage. That was one of the reasons I haven't got one or two yet. That and the $5k price tag it would take before its all said and done for two of them. but now I've found this bracket that allows you to lay them down.

[ATTACH]1092476[/ATTACH]

Next question. How many of yall with 8 footers wish you would have gotten the 10 footers?

I can easily talk myself out of spending the extra money but I wonder if I'd regret it.
      I went with 12fters. Talons now have a 15fter I believe

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        I went with 12fters. Talons now have a 15fter I believe
        You just screwed me over.

Comment

You just screwed me over.
          Well you gotta remember in soft mud you are gonna go probably a ft deep or more. I can stick in 10ft with my 12fters but no deeper than that. So a 8ft talon realistically wont hold in 8ft. I do like they have a soft bottom mode and rough water mode which allows them to go up and down without pulling loose from the bottom in rough or choppy water.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Well you gotta remember in soft mud you are gonna go probably a ft deep or more. I can stick in 10ft with my 12fters but no deeper than that. So a 8ft talon realistically wont hold in 8ft. I do like they have a soft bottom mode and rough water mode which allows them to go up and down without pulling loose from the bottom in rough or choppy water.
            I'm looking at all the mounts now. Tilt brackets and mounts for two of them are going to run me $1400 or more. I'll probably just have to build those myself. Now that I'm back working on site, I have access to some fancy equipment.

Comment

Mine were good but if i was doing it again, i would do Talons. No hydraulics.

Comment

[ATTACH]1092476[/ATTACH]

My PP is higher than my garage door. I lower and raise it from the cab of the truck when I park it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                  Only downside is on older boats (specifically bass boats for sure) they were not designed for poles and due to the mounting brackets they can hurt hole shot. It is very noticeable on my basscat how much hole shot is affected. With that said, I love my Raptors, but honestly only use them when beaching my boat and from January to march or so, I prefer fishing offshore most of the year and thats where spotlock is amazing. Oh and one pole is useless, two is fantastic
                  Weird , I run a basscat puma with dual poles and dont have an issue. Probably need to prop that cat out

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                    Everyone already hit it… if you can afford two get two.

If you have a jackplate, get the mounts for your jackplate. If no jackplate, get the sandwich mount others posted. Don’t drill into your transom to mount them.

I put one on my boat at the same time I was putting on a hydraulic jackplate, so one was all I could afford at the time. Like everyone else mentioned, the boat would swing. The trolling motor did a great job locking me in when the boat wanted to swing, but the whole point of me getting the power pole was so I didn’t have to run the TM on spot lock all day. I was about to pull the trigger on a second one when I decided to sell the boat. You won’t be sorry going with two.

You didn’t mention make/model of boat. But odds are you will not notice any difference with the weight of the two power poles and pumps on the rear.
                    The boat I would be adding them to is the one pictured in post #31.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      My PP is higher than my garage door. I lower and raise it from the cab of the truck when I park it

I've read this à couple of times and I'm still trying to figure it out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The more I thought about your just bragging

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          The more I thought about your just bragging

If you change the batteries on your mote you could do the same thing. But you don't have to worry with that with the airplane hanger your boat gets parked in

What I'm saying is the header on my garage doe is like 6'7" and my PP in the up position is 7 foots. So I gotta lower it a little bit (don't think that's an option on a talon) and back it in.

Comment

If you change the batteries on your mote you could do the same thing. But you don't have to worry with that with the airplane hanger your boat gets parked in

What I'm saying is the header on my garage doe is like 6'7" and my PP in the up position is 7 foots. So I gotta lower it a little bit (don't think that's an option on a talon) and back it in.

Oh now I understand [emoji2957]

Comment

The poles could hurt the hole shot if the mounting brackets are too low in the water, they will drag, other than that I do not believe they hurt performance much at all. One thing I really like about power poles is I can partially lower them and they act like fenders for the rear of the boat, keeps me from banging into docks etc, use them a lot when fishing alone.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X