X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      RM 43. Kills everything I spray it on!
      I have heard this stuff is bad to the bone by several folks. Reckon I'm going to give it a try when it's time to restock

Comment

What kind of grass and how can I kill it

Whatever you do, don’t use the Ortho Poison Ivey spray to try and kill it. It killed the carpet grass, but the crab grass is looking better than ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 06-10-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
          Whatever you do, don’t use the Ortho Poison Ivey spray to try and kill it. It killed the carpet grass, but the crab grass is looking better than ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LOL...welcome to my world. I have even had a lawn company out to try to get this in better shape. I think they just fed it steroids as it is going strong!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Per a recommendation from a TBHer, I used Target 6+ after trying tons of stuff over the last few years. It was getting bad. T6 smoked it! I have way more than I need. If you or Kevin come through gtown I’ll give y’all some. It takes very little of it.
            Not sure when we would be up that way, but thank you!

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            This is correct. MSMA Target6 plus will take care of it, it also takes care of grass burs, Johnson grass and Nutsegde but does not hurt Bermuda. Golf courses and sod farms use this stuff.

If you cannot meet up with Matt, let me know and I can ship you a small bottle.
            I hate to ask you to do that. Is it something we can buy locally? I see it online at a couple places, but so far, not finding it at any place I recognize as storefront.

Comment

Msma

Comment

MSMA will kill it but it will also take the carpet grass out as well.

Get your gloves on and start plucking!

Comment

Originally posted by Skipshot View Post
                  MSMA will kill it but it will also take the carpet grass out as well.

Get your gloves on and start plucking!
                  I have plucked. It returned. I'm about ready to dig up the bottom half of front yard and start over

Comment

MSMA or Pastora will kill it and won't kill bermuda. If you have St. Augustine, those might kill it along with the dallis grass. Might be able to mix the herbicide weaker to kill dallis grass and not kill St. Augustine? I can't tell for sure which grass you have from the pic. If it's bermuda, it'll be easier.

I also just use a hoe on dallis grass. Don't just pluck the green blades off the top. Dig up the roots, and then it won't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      MSMA or Pastora will kill it and won't kill bermuda. If you have St. Augustine, those might kill it along with the dallis grass. Might be able to mix the herbicide weaker to kill dallis grass and not kill St. Augustine? I can't tell for sure which grass you have from the pic. If it's bermuda, it'll be easier.

I also just use a hoe on dallis grass. Don't just pluck the green blades off the top. Dig up the roots, and then it won't come back.
                      It's St. Augustine. I had to stop Mary from throwing a molotov cocktail at it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        That would kill the dallis grass too, but....

Comment

Target 6/MSMA will kill everything BUT bermuda.

Comment

It will come back and grows like it is on speed. It produces lots of seed heads. I'm getting ready to spray it again. I used a weed popper to get a lot of it out.

Comment

Might try 20% vinegar for a less lethal attempt vs RM43. Nurseries carry the 20%

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                                Dang women folk

Comment

Working...
                                X