No announcement yet.

Free wind checkers in full bloom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best wind checker there is! Mother Nature provides!

Comment

I will pay for shipping if someone would mail me a pod if they have extra.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
        I will pay for shipping if someone would mail me a pod if they have extra.
        I'll grab some next time I'm at my place. Saw some pods last week, but haven't split yet. I have tons of milkweed every year (and monarchs). A copenhagen can is what I use to hold mine in my hunting packs and one can will last for a season or two.

Comment

Thank you, just send me a pm when you are ready and I can oay you through pay pal, venmo, or zelle

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this the right plant?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

I'm gonna go take a ride around my pasture... It was so wet last winter, I did not get to mow and so far this summer have not mowed... I got plenty thistle and other weeds, so maybe I have some of these suckers too!!
              Thanks Dale.
              As fast as you drive you will never see them [emoji1787]im on the lookout to. Might just need to order some

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                As fast as you drive you will never see them [emoji1787]im on the lookout to. Might just need to order some

HEY!! Don't know what cha talkin' 'bout... I drive like the old grandpa that I am!!

Comment

I am a milkweed addict.

Every patch I find during the summer gets a few pods picked off of it.

I toss the green pods in a big paper sack and fold the top over to contain them. The pods pop open as they finish drying in the bag. A few weeks before season, i shake the bag to pop all the seeds off and get the fluff out of the pod, and then I use a cheap little dust devil vacuum to vacuum up all the fluff and leave the seeds behind. I can easily harvest 3 years worth in about 10 minutes of work.

This is it in bloom before the pods form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    Is this the right plant?

No,
                    That looks like it is a member of the Cichoriodeae family (chicory, dandelions, etc…)
                    I posted a pic of the live plant in bloom above this post for reference.

Here is another type called “showy milkweed” or “butterfly milkweed” this variety is MUCH less common than the antelope horn species I posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      Is this the right plant?
                      We just need to order some from Kyle

Comment

These things are all over my pasture. Just came through and picked about 20 pods in 2 minutes. Lots of them have already busted open on the plant

Comment

Plenty of milkweed in my fields. A bucket full took about 15 minutes to pick

Comment

Dang, didn't know you could pick it green. Hopefully the ones at the ranch will still be there in a week or so.

Comment

Green just before it splits is best and just let it dry on its own. Too green and the “fluff” won’t develop. Typically if your seeing some split though it’s ready to pick

Comment

Y, keeping my eyes open as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X