Barndominium shell price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the average price per sq ft running on a 40x60x16 barndominium shell running right now? No roll up doors and no entry doors or windows

Interested as well...

Comment

Originally posted by texaswildlifeta View Post
      What is the average price per sq ft running on a 40x60x16 barndominium shell running right now? No roll up doors and no entry doors or windows
      I am getting quotes all over the place for adding a 20x60 lean to right now as well as a 40x40 house.

I built my shop in late 2019 40x60x12 with 10x60 closed soffit porch, gutters, 18" on gable ends, 2 rollups 5 windows and 2 walk doors for $67k.

Comment

My 40x60x14 bolt-up with 8x20 porch overhang, including full roll insulation, gutter, downspouts, two walk doors, and framing only for windows and (2) 10x10 garage doors was around $47k. Price doesn't include concrete or labor or garage doors, etc. That was last June, and they've had at least 3 price increases since then.

Comment

Originally posted by hightech View Post
          I am getting quotes all over the place for adding a 20x60 lean to right now as well as a 40x40 house.

I built my shop in late 2019 40x60x12 with 10x60 closed soffit porch, gutters, 18" on gable ends, 2 rollups 5 windows and 2 walk doors for $67k.
          You built at the right time sir.

OP, any quote that is more than a few months old more than likely no longer applies. Hope you find someone that has gotten it quoted recently.

Comment

I just got quotes on 30x50x16 with 4 windows, 1 walk thru door and a wind rated 12x12 roll up door……..27k. That’s red iron framing and 26ga metal

Comment

Increases are crazy

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
              My 40x60x14 bolt-up with 8x20 porch overhang, including full roll insulation, gutter, downspouts, two walk doors, and framing only for windows and (2) 10x10 garage doors was around $47k. Price doesn't include concrete or labor or garage doors, etc. That was last June, and they've had at least 3 price increases since then.
              My son builds barndos around Burnet and his material quotes are good for 24 hrs or less. He did almost $ 4 Million Dollars in building last year so he has great access to different suppliers. He started a Spray Foam company Dec 2020 and price of foam chemicals has gone up over 300% since then!!!

Give your certified plans to a builder and get a quote. All of this talk here is useless. Remember that EVERY supplier ups their price each time diesel goes up.

Comment

The talk is not useless. I got my quotes less than a week ago. All were within 3K of each other and are good for 7-14days. None were 24hr valid only.

Comment

Just agreed to a 30x50x12 with a 12’ overhang
                  $36,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is that built and with slab?

Comment

40’x80’x16’ + 15’x65’ porch + 3 roll up door openings + 3 man door openings + 9 window openings was around $43k earlier this year. Building came out of Huntsville.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ok

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                        The talk is not useless. I got my quotes less than a week ago. All were within 3K of each other and are good for 7-14days. None were 24hr valid only.
                        Your building conditions are different from the Burnet area. Raw land with no utilities is selling for $ 10,000 to 30,000 / acre. Like I said. Quit window shopping. Contact a builder and get a real quote. It will NOT be cheaper in 30 days. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                          Is that built and with slab?

Price doesn’t include concrete slab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still a pretty good price for that build. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                              Your building conditions are different from the Burnet area. Raw land with no utilities is selling for $ 10,000 to 30,000 / acre. Like I said. Quit window shopping. Contact a builder and get a real quote. It will NOT be cheaper in 30 days. Good luck to all.
                              Steel futures have dropped 12.5% over the last month and and a total of over 20% since early April. Lumber has dropped nearly 250 points also. Prices are coming down. And you will see at the point of purchase in 30-45 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X