Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bought strangers mounts for your wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a ranch I hunted in years past, they had some nice bull elk. The trophy bull elk opportunities were by luck of the draw. Only caveat was you had to mount it and hang it in your office (company ranch) as long as you had one, or you could send it back to the ranch and they would hang it in the lodge.

The guys that drew the hunt always opted to hang em in their offices. If you ever left employment, you could take it with you.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Not any mounts but have bought a euro that the guy was going to cut up. It's a whitetail with a long extra tine along the main beam. Had our friend do a shoulder mount . Mainly to honor the buck, it's nice deer.
      Had some other guy give me their deer from a guided hunt we were all on, 150 class whitetail. Spouse did a nice euro on it.

We bring deadheads out of the forest when we find them too, and get them tagged. Couldn't even tell you how many we have hanging in the garage and shed etc.
      We've given a few away over the years.

Comment

Wife has a grandfather's black buck and a typical whitetail mount we have no room for.

Any interest? Come and get it for $100 for both or they are being donated to an aTm fraternity.

Comment

To me half of the reason why I get a mount is to remind me of the memories I had hunting the animal and the people that were there with me when I got the animal. Some of the fondest memories I get from looking at my mounts were the toughest hunts that were not fun at the time but now that enough time has passed it is strangly better than the easier hunts.

I would only have my own mounts or mounts of family members that are no longer with us.

Comment

I only have my own animals up. Assuming my dad goes before me I might end up with a couple of his, and would hang one or two for the memories (I was with him when he took his two best bucks to date, so I at least was involved in the process). As for buying someone else's taxidermy, the only scenario where it might happen for me is when I get a lake house in the future. I would possibly consider buying some for decor.

Comment

I bought a little 8 pt buck from a silent auction for a good cause.
              I paid $1 per inch….he scored 75…..lol
              It’s hanging up away from my other stuff.

Comment

My restaurant has a lot of taxidermy in it. All of it was purchased for decor. My personal trophies are at home.

Comment

I too have a couple euro mounts that my grandfather killed. I certainly understand those of you who have family connections to the animals.

Some really good comments on here so far.

Gumbo Man, I was impressed with the decorations in your restaurant. It’s a very nice atmosphere

Comment

There is an aggie accountants with a drake woodduck I shot on his wall

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You want to buy my shoulder mounted turkey?

Comment

I wouldn’t buy a stranger’s mounts, but I would like to have some my dad and grandpa shot.
                        I don’t know what became of them.

Comment

i bought a gemsbok mount from somebody here on TBH. pretty much the same measurements as the gemsbok i had killed. Saved about $1500 on taxidermy and shipping fees.

Hell, the kudu I shot a few years ago isnt all mine. The horns are from the kudu I shot, but its not the same cape. But, whatcha gonna do? Nobody whos sees it will know!

Comment

I don't have any "non family" mounts, but I do have some antlers. I wouldn't mind having mounts hanging just for decoration, it's not like I'd be claiming them as mine. I just don't get to hunt much and would like a cool mancave....

Comment

I have not and if I did it would be a Pheasant or a Quail setup. I prefer to eat my birds.

I’d have no problem buying a Pheasant from Pete’s.

Comment

I have a BUNCH, and they are all critters I killed. Have 4 at the taxidermist now. With all of mine, I don’t have room for anyone else’s mounts in my house.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X