No announcement yet.

Mini split A/C with heat pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use Mitsubishi or LG mini splits in our commercial projects for server rooms with great luck. Make sure they size it right and dont over size it or it will short cycle. I would go ahead and put a head unit in each room. it is my understanding that each outside condensing unit can support multiple head units.

With all that said a window unit will be best bang for your buck and if it goes out you can just go get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
      I've had a Gree unit installed in my reloading room for about 6 years now. Not a single issue. I did the install but paid an hvac tech to pull the vacuum and release the refrigerant. If it breaks and parts weren't available I'd just buy another one and replace it.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
      this is what I have in 510 sq.ft Game room it has been a great unit. since 2019

Comment

The issue with window units, to me anyway, is that with 3 rooms you have to have 3 units if you plan on sleeping with bedroom doors closed. Thats 3 holes in the walls i have to cut as there are no external windows in my shop and i dont want any

Comment

I put a 1 Ton Mitsubishi Heat Pump in a closed in area of my metal shop three years ago and it has never missed a beat. If I turn it down lower than 75, you could hang meat in there. Kept everything nice an comfortable during the super freeze. I have never had a problem of any kind. It is super quiet on both the inside and outside units. I would not hesitate to buy another.
          Last edited by swanjts; 05-09-2022, 02:42 PM. Reason: Additions

Comment

Mini split A/C with heat pump

I have a pioneer single head in a 20x20 cabin. It’s been there for 6-7 years.
            Had to change the mother board once but i called their support and they diagnosed it over the phone, warranted the part and shipped it to me. Easy fix. Unit runs great.

I have a Gree 3 head unit I’m installing in my 16x32 cabin. One in each room. I’ll hopefully have it installed over the next month as I’m nearly done with electrical and plumbing.
            They have good customer service and are quality units from what I’ve read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X