Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
    Hey Brian, thanks for the update. It is good news your place seems to be in the clear and also the ranch to your west. What is the G7 you talk about? is it already in the protein? Who is the maker? Thanks for all your information.

It’s antlers plus with G7 additive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
      I just got back from a long weekend out there. We looked hard for dead animals and only found two deer. It appeared they died some time ago, so hopefully not related to the anthrax break out. We went ahead and put out a bunch of the protein with the G7 additive. It can’t hurt at this point. I talked to the rancher that borders our west side and he hasn’t seen any signs yet. Everyone says it’s pretty bad further down 189 so maybe it’s just a matter of time before it gets us. Fingers crossed! We got all our cameras going so we can take a better census labor day weekend.

Glad your spared so far. Im waiting on an update from our place.

Comment

I have no idea if this right, but the best i could gather on a G7 additive is that it is antibody that keeps the anthrax bacteria from absorbing iron in its host which it needs to survive. Again not sure if this is right but its what i could gather after researching a couple articles at work

Comment

Originally posted by Doublelunger View Post
          I have no idea if this right, but the best i could gather on a G7 additive is that it is antibody that keeps the anthrax bacteria from absorbing iron in its host which it needs to survive. Again not sure if this is right but its what i could gather after researching a couple articles at work
          Thanks for the info.

Comment

We lost a few deer but the rancher vaccinated and livestock loss was minimal. He doesn’t think we were hit very hard as he hasn’t see many carcasses. A small outbreak wouldn’t hurt us as we have been trying to get our deer numbers down the last few years. We hunt a very large ranch with minimal pressure.

Comment

Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

I emailed Sportsman’s Choice about the G7 additive they use. Here’s the response.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I was way off. Hope it helps

Comment

Following.

Good luck this season everyone. Following.

Comment

We are up to about 40 confirmed deaths in Kinney county

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      26 deer found so far on roughly 10k lease in Kinney county where new pipelines are popping up through our place - don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Praying it stops Soon
                      Where are you located in Kinney county?
                      I’m in the north east corner.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                        We are up to about 40 confirmed deaths in Kinney county
                        This is horrible!! Hope that some how it gets better for you folks.
                        Last edited by Pedernal; 07-25-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                          Where are you located in Kinney county?
                          I’m in the north east corner.
                          We are north west/central

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            This is horrible!! Hope it hat some how it gets better for you folks.
                            If it stops we will be ok. Any more it will be a rough season.

Comment

So if the Anthrax is in the dirt and the animals are picking it up while eating.....

Am I doing a disservice / promoting it by throwing corn in the off season?

The deer are having to pick up scraps of corn the pigs leave behind (disturbing the soil themselves) but I do have some on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                So if the Anthrax is in the dirt and the animals are picking it up while eating.....

Am I doing a disservice / promoting it by throwing corn in the off season?

The deer are having to pick up scraps of corn the pigs leave behind (disturbing the soil themselves) but I do have some on camera.
                                Anthrax is carried up and out of the soil mechanically by plant growth. The animals eat the plants and ingest it. Then, they die and decompose, leaving a big pile of spores to filter down into the soil and wait there until the next time conditions are right. Then, plants grow where that deer died and carry the spores up for the next animal to come along and eat. I wouldn't worry about running a feeder. If your place gets hit it gets hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X