No announcement yet.

Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one has been to our lease in the west end of Val Verde/Terrell County since the end of May. I'm going out the last weekend of July to feed and check cameras. I'm kinda anxious and worried at the same time. Back in 2010/2011 we had a big out break of anthrax and we had a big die off. It took a long time for us to come back.

I'll give a report when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
      Anyone have any updates ???

Headed out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ll be back out there the 25th

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
          Headed out tomorrow.

Anxious to hear. Text me and let me know over the weekend man. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Theoretically is there a way to inoculate deer against this?

Comment

Im hearing good news for us at least on 189 in Val verde county. No dead animals.

Comment

Talked with landowner yesterday, no dead livestock or deer yet on our place. Still holding strong. But I fear its just a matter of time.

Comment

Hey BrianG, did you go to the lease this last weekend and did you see anything that may indicate anthrax has encroached on your ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
                    Hey BrianG, did you go to the lease this last weekend and did you see anything that may indicate anthrax has encroached on your ranch?
                    He's went. He said no dead animals on his place. Waiting on details from him on the surrounding area. We are right up the road from him.

Comment

I’m near the intersection of 277/55, NW Edwards Co. I was out on Saturday and we appear to be clean for now.

Comment

We hunt off of Cusenberry Rd (Take 277 S for 12 miles and then another 10 or so miles down Cr 406). Has anyone heard of any anthrax out that way? Landowner is on vacation and I cant get the hand to answer his phone.

Comment

I just got back from a long weekend out there. We looked hard for dead animals and only found two deer. It appeared they died some time ago, so hopefully not related to the anthrax break out. We went ahead and put out a bunch of the protein with the G7 additive. It can’t hurt at this point. I talked to the rancher that borders our west side and he hasn’t seen any signs yet. Everyone says it’s pretty bad further down 189 so maybe it’s just a matter of time before it gets us. Fingers crossed! We got all our cameras going so we can take a better census labor day weekend.

Comment

26 deer found so far on roughly 10k lease in Kinney county where new pipelines are popping up through our place - don’t know if that has anything to do with it. Praying it stops Soon

Comment

Response to BrianG

Hey Brian, thanks for the update. It is good news your place seems to be in the clear and also the ranch to your west. What is the G7 you talk about? is it already in the protein? Who is the maker? Thanks for all your information.

Comment

Working...
                              X