Sutton/ Val Verde County 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we just got the call our ranch is now affected..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggieland View Post
      Well we just got the call our ranch is now affected..

Hate to hear that. What area are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
        Hate to hear that. What area are you in?

Few miles south of town off 403.

Comment

Man I hate reading about this. EHD, Anthrax and the sort is tough to watch. I am a little surprised the hope was for rain and cooler weather in July....anthrax is a spore that comes out of the soil. From all I learned when they talked about cooler weather they meant MUCH cooler like October/November type. The local folks also know it is part of life in the "wild wild west". Nothing you can do about it, you just have to deal with it regardless and with no local folks (land owners for most part) wanting to open a can of words these things are kept low key. Good luck guys!

Comment

To Brian G

Do you hunt multiple locations in Sutton county? One of your comments says south of town off 403 and another says 8 miles down 189 off of 277. I am surprised that a ranch that close to down was affected considering the historical outbreak locations never reached that far north west. Could you ranch be experiencing EHD not anthrax ? Was a sample tested positive? I did speak to my land owner on 189 near 277 and so far so good but it is still early in the game.

thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
              Do you hunt multiple locations in Sutton county? One of your comments says south of town off 403 and another says 8 miles down 189 off of 277. I am surprised that a ranch that close to down was affected considering the historical outbreak locations never reached that far north west. Could you ranch be experiencing EHD not anthrax ? Was a sample tested positive? I did speak to my land owner on 189 near 277 and so far so good but it is still early in the game.

thanks for sharing

I only hunt one place our ranch is off 403 not sure where you’re seeing 8 miles down 189 that must have been someone else’s post. Our land owner found two dead deer today and they have not been tested but the ranch next to us tested positive.

Comment

^^^ yea I’m down 189 about 8 miles from 277.

Comment

Update: 10 dead deer now not looking good.

Comment

thanks for sharing
                    Sorry for the mistake, you were asking where Aggieland ranch was and there response was south of town on 403. I was thinking it was BrianG that was on 403.

Anthrax has historically hit the southwest corner of sutton county as well as uvalde, val verde, Edwards, Kinney and Maverick. To be as close to Sonora as 403 is scary. You did not mention if a sample was taken from a fresh kill and tested positive for anthrax.
                    Last edited by Fischer; 07-11-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the mistake, you were asking where Aggieland ranch was and there response was south of town on 403. I was thinking it was BrianG that was on 403.

Anthrax has historically hit the southwest corner of sutton county as well as uvalde, val verde, Edwards, Kinney and Maverick. To be as close to Sonora as 403 is scary. You did not mention if a sample was taken from a fresh kill and tested positive for anthrax.

No samples have been taken from our ranch that I am aware of but they were taken on our neighbors ranch and tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieland View Post
                        Update: 10 dead deer now not looking good.

Wow that sucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Wow that sucks!!

Yes it does!! Pray for rain!!

Comment

There were supposedly some chances of rain but it was further south in val verde... We actually had some rain earlier in the week but it was southwest val verde.

How much rain would it take to kill it off??

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
                              ^^^ yea I’m down 189 about 8 miles from 277.

Im very close to Juno on 189 and haven't heard of any ranches affected yet.

we are 25 miles from 277

Comment

BrianG -north or south of 189

Hey BrianG,

Are you on the north or south side of 189? Looks like you are approx 7 to 8 miles from JFRITZ who is has been infected. I am only a couple of miles east of your property. I hope the anthrax does not travel east towards your proper but if it does my lease could be next. Any idea when you are going to the lease next for an update? I may try to go weekend of 7/27 and I will provide an update when I return.

Comment

Working...
                                X