No announcement yet.

Judge for snake gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks folks. i was thinking of buying one to carry in my truck and UTV. after many post and opinions i have been convinced to go ahead and buy the pistol. thx everyone.

Comment

Well post up some LDSP's when you get your first one with it!!

Comment

I've got one along with a Bond derringer. The Judge stays in the Ranger and the Bond is in my backpack. If you're looking for "only" a snake gun, no risk with either one IMO.

Since is was brought up in the thread but not in the OP, .410 would be a **** poor choice for home defense... LOTS of better options out there....

Comment

doubles as a skunk gun too!!

Comment

Tubby,

You are just plain wrong and based on your assessment I can only guess you probably have no defensive, offensive, or deadly force experience on humans. Thats ok though, I did my duty and gots the yardstick and inquisitive nature in which to measure by. A 14” or better 410 shotgun with 3” 000 Buck is an excellent choice and kills as good as the same in 12 ga.

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
            I've got one along with a Bond derringer. The Judge stays in the Ranger and the Bond is in my backpack. If you're looking for "only" a snake gun, no risk with either one IMO.

Since is was brought up in the thread but not in the OP, .410 would be a **** poor choice for home defense... LOTS of better options out there....
            Last edited by Johnny44; 10-18-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

ruger lcr 9mm loaded with shot shell

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                Tubby,

You are just plain wrong and based on your assessment I can only guess you probably have no defensive, offensive, or deadly force experience on humans. Thats ok though, I did my duty and gots the yardstick and inquisitive nature in which to measure by. A 14” or better 410 shotgun with 3” 000 Buck is an excellent choice and kills as good as the same in 12 ga.
                "Just plain wrong"? Ok, I didn't know there was a "right" way or a "wrong" way to defend your home... "**** poor" is an opinion, my opinion... Pardon the hell outta me for having an opinion and being "just plain wrong".

And no, I've never shot anyone, never had any defensive, offensive or deadly force experience on humans. Don't plan to either. I do know how to defend my home and myself. Of course in your "opinion" I'm sure I'm "just plain wrong" in that too...

Carry on....

Comment

Tubby,

I've never seen a 14" barreled judge.

ETA: I owned a judge. The most worthless gun I ever owned and I owned a highpoint at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by PROLINE19 View Post
                    who uses the Taurus Judge for their snake gun?

I do, and love it! That thing will make your ear holes bleed, but it straight up destroys a snake.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      I've never seen a 14" barreled judge.

ETA: I owned a judge. The most worthless gun I ever owned and I owned a highpoint at one time.
                      Uh, not a pistol, but the Circuit Judge has a 18.5" barrel....410 & 45LC as well. As for highpoint, this is another thread that has been mentioned time and time again.....

There are LOT'S of "worthless firearms," and of course...everyone has an opinion based on experience. Kinda like trucks, scopes, whatever....$$ don't make it a bad or good one. Just sayin'!

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                        "Just plain wrong"? Ok, I didn't know there was a "right" way or a "wrong" way to defend your home... "**** poor" is an opinion, my opinion... Pardon the hell outta me for having an opinion and being "just plain wrong".

And no, I've never shot anyone, never had any defensive, offensive or deadly force experience on humans. Don't plan to either. I do know how to defend my home and myself. Of course in your "opinion" I'm sure I'm "just plain wrong" in that too...

Carry on....
                        Tubb's, He's actually the one who is incorrect in regards to the whole self defense aspect . He's using an angle of 410 justification for equal killing ability based on accurately placed shots into specific vital zones & mostly brings in hunting scenarios, which I have no argument. I don't care what folks enjoy hunting with as long as they are having fun & successful. Look, You can kill all the big dangerous animals on the planet with a bow, black powder and sub-adequate centerfires do it all the time. There is a great old read about how well the 7x57 Mauser was on killing elephants, but not what I would choose to have in hand if one was charging. The extra weight / energy of good 12ga projectiles be it slugs or tactical buckshot alone stops the debate in regards to which is the superior home defense round. Heck, you could turn a buddy into an enemy if one was to throw a 12ga shell at him too hard. Throw a 410 & they might giggle.

Firearm ramblings...My personal go to in regards for the 12ga home defense is the early Benelli M1 Tactical. The one 12 that has eluded me would be a mint Winchester Model 12 Trenchgun made anywhere before 1945 with a pre-war being tops. My only real 410 want would be a prewar solid rib 42 deluxe. Anyway, Most every major mfg offers a defensive 12ga in pump / auto with a budget to fit any wallet. There is a good reason they do not offer the same models in the 410 across the board & available on every shelf like the 12...which is really the same reason LE / Mil does not pick the 410 to breach doors.

...and that gents is my 12ga/410 schtick for the evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In regards to the Judge destroying snakes, keep that in mind if you think you may want to mount a rattler some day. It's one of the reasons I went to 38 rat shot over the 45. You wouldn't think it would make much difference but the 45 still has a lot more. The judge with #9 shot is going to be devastating on reptiles. I'm not 100% sure but think all rat shot is #12??

Comment

Judge for snake gun

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Well post up some LDSP's when you get your first one with it!! [emoji3]

Pictures? This thread could use a picture. I’ll play-

Fwiw, I was surprised with the accuracy this pistol provides when flinging .45lc’s.
                          I’ve even swapped out the shotshells for bullets in order to dispatch a wounded deer before. Kinda handy to have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by DaveC; 10-19-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Fellas, I stand by my assessment on the how well 000 kills, I won’t be changing.
                            If you don’t think the 410 is as lethal as a 12 gauge or viable for home defense, don’t use it.
                            I also stated 14” and above because of the 410 shockwave

Features the Shockwave signature bird’s-head grip, uniquely shaped to minimize felt recoil. Also includes the features that have made Mossberg pump-actions the choice for millions worldwide: ambidextrous safety, dual extractors, positive steel-to-steel lockup, twin action bars, and a smooth operating anti-jam elevator.

I know it went outside the parameters of the “Judge”, I never had luck with any of my judges being reliable even a circuit judge.

Comment

Furthermore, a 3” 12 gauge has 10 pellets of 000 randomly packed, a 3” 410 has five. Unless you use an extra full choke in the 12 ga when you pattern, you might not want to discount the five rounds in a column from a shell engineered to pattern the best it can out of a 45 bore handgun.

Y’all might wanna do some Bore diameter/shot diameter spread calculations if your math is up to such. Might take a bit more than sixth grade Jethro Bodine cypher-N though.

(Duh? Is 12 ga triple naught more bigger than 410 triple naught...)

If a 410 using 000 buck will collapse a 425lb Boar hog on the spot at 30 yards, I don’t think a home invader is any tougher.

Home defense and hunting, don’t discount the 410.
                              Last edited by Johnny44; 10-19-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Fellas, I stand by my assessment on the how well 000 kills, I won’t be changing.
                                If you don’t think the 410 is as lethal as a 12 gauge or viable for home defense, don’t use it.
                                I also stated 14” and above because of the 410 shockwave

Features the Shockwave signature bird’s-head grip, uniquely shaped to minimize felt recoil. Also includes the features that have made Mossberg pump-actions the choice for millions worldwide: ambidextrous safety, dual extractors, positive steel-to-steel lockup, twin action bars, and a smooth operating anti-jam elevator.

I know it went outside the parameters of the “Judge”, I never had luck with any of my judges being reliable even a circuit judge.
                                So a Mosserg is the "king" of home defense?

Comment

Working...
                                X