Property Tax Bill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Tax Bill!

Just received my property tax bill for our 14 acres in Latimer County, Oklahoma... It was $6.11. If it gets over $7 I will probably sell!

nice. taxes on my 3 acres are like $3. we are in the process of building a house and then 1 acre and the house will taxed at full value....... not looking forward to that.

Comment

what's the point? Probably cost them $5 or so to send the bill (ink, paper, envelope, postage, labor) and process the payment.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        what's the point? Probably cost them $5 or so to send the bill (ink, paper, envelope, postage, labor) and process the payment.
        exactly. and get this, part of the 3 acres we own has the neighborhood sign on it and has it's own ID number...... I have to pay $0.01 for that little section. definitely cost them more money to mail me the bill on that little section

Comment

Is that for raw land with no improvements? Any exemptions?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
            yes. we have an agreement within our neighborhood (about 15 3-8 acres tracts) that we are AG Exempt until house is built. then 1 acre and the house is taxed an normal value but the remaining raw land stays AG exempt. we have cattle roaming about 6 months out of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
              Yah, raw and "off grid" in the mountains. No improvements and no exemptions.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                Good point.

Comment

Read the fine print. That's Per Day

Comment

Hot dog! I need to get a wildlife exempt going! Mine our about $1,800 on 12 acres.

Comment

14 acres in coal county with a house .. $6

It cost me another $4 to pay it online lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 55 acres is just under $300. The cabin and improvements doubled it. However, I bet they try to raise it $25 this coming year.

Comment

Seems like it runs a little over a dollar an acre, here. I don’t even pay much attention to it honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                            14 acres in coal county with a house .. $6

It cost me another $4 to pay it online lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            You really oughta complain about that to someone with the county

Comment

Working...
                            X