E Bike Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E Bike Tires

Has anyone figured out a way to keep from getting flats on their bike? Ive taken mine out 4 times and had 5 flats. I have Mr. Tuffy liners and they are filled with slime. Is there a solid tire option? Any suggestions are appreciated. This is quickly turning into one of my dumber expenditures.

It's expected-ride off road you're going to have flats.
    A cycling friend mentioned solid tires but I haven't researched them yet. He says they do make the big tire e bike sizes.
    I carry a repair kit/pump with me in my back pack and also have one in camp.

Comment

options really depend on your tire size. they make some tires with Kevlar. Also a really good option is tannus armor.

slime works pretty good but you still get the flat. trick is to remove the thorns and air it back up and spin it and it will usually seal. without Kevlar, solid tires or tannus thorns will get you every time.
      Last edited by wes122984; 11-10-2020, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Can't you run ebike tires tubeless with Stans or orangeseal? I'm not into ebikes but when I went tubeless on my mountain bike many years ago, I rarely get flats unless the sealant dries out.

Comment

Slime use to make a self sealing tube. I used them hunting hagerman and had good luck with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

search youtube "ghetto tubeless"

Comment

What about bibs (bib mousse)? They are basically foam thats inserted into the tube. I run those in my dirtbike and never have to worry about flats. Not sure if they make them for e-bikes though.

Comment

Working...
              X