No announcement yet.

People with heads in sand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you have thousands of gallons of fuel and a years worth of food?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      I have the same feelings about someone who can't weld or replace the brakes on their car. :0
      LOL, but pretty accurate.

Comment

Wait. You expect people who are overdrawn at the bank to have a supply of ammo stashed away? Leopards don’t change their spots. Unprepared people are always gonna be unprepared.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
          No need for the fuel....wth you gonna do with fuel? Ain’t nobody gonna be driving anywhere. Where you gonna go? Nothing will be open for any purchases.
          Food on the other hand? And water....guns.....ammo. That’s the issue. I’m set way longer than the average bear, trust me. My family’s only instructions are to get to me.

As for everyone else? I can’t outlast ALL of them....but I ain’t worried about “MOST” of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            No need for the fuel....wth you gonna do with fuel? Ain’t nobody gonna be driving anywhere. Where you gonna go? Nothing will be open for any purchases.
            Food on the other hand? And water....guns.....ammo. That’s the issue. I’m set way longer than the average bear, trust me. My family’s only instructions are to get to me.

As for everyone else? I can’t outlast ALL of them....but I ain’t worried about “MOST” of them.
            I'm coming to see your new home [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm more surprised when I find someone that is paying attention

Comment

Originally posted by snowflake killa View Post
                i'm coming to see your new home [emoji16]

sent from my sm-n986u using tapatalk
                🤫

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                  By 'thousands of gallons of fuel' I take it that you are talking about using a generator more so than driving. I have a 250 gallon tank of propane, plus 8 20 lbs tanks for my duel generator in addtion to 30 gallons of diesel stored for my truck(500 miles or so). I have over a year of food for four stored in plastic buckets along with 100 lbs of salt for preserving meat, fish, etc. Water is not an issue but during a long event, purification will be necessary so I have life straws and a bucket of chlorine that is used for a pool. Guns and ammo is a non issue.
                  The book, A Second After, is a real eye opener and I need to read it again for some more insight. Another is Going Home by A. American. Good read.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                    It’s beyond belief (to me that is) the amount of clueless people out there.
                    Being prepared shouldn’t be a panic it should be common sense, heck, can’t predict a tornado or bad ice storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. You prepare for bad times during good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In the 80s, I got yanked out of Texas and got to live in the northern Philippines as ex-pats. Periodic typhoons and NPA rebel activity knocked out water and power for weeks. I learned the value of stored water, food, medicine, and self reliance for a few weeks at a time. It stuck with me since then.

Don't rely on just-in-time inventory at the store. Rain barrels and Berkey water filters would be my first recommendation.

Comment

I'm not where I want to be, but I believe I am where I need to be. Perhaps 6 months of food for a family of 5, could probably stretch to 9 if the grid stays up, rain barrels, big berkey, life straws, sawyer purification, small scale gardening, enough ammo that I curtailed the range/training, but have enough on hand to get rowdy. I'm a little low on that front honestly, mainly because I just got finished sending about 1600 rounds downrange in two shooting classes when this all went down.

Most folks I know have to wait till payday to feed their kids next week. That's the sad position that I don't want to find myself in.

Comment

Working...
                        X