No announcement yet.

Ham Radio Operators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to get licensed pretty quick. Is there any particular study material that you guys recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
      I would like to get licensed pretty quick. Is there any particular study material that you guys recommend?
      I see you're in Kingwood. I took a class at the Lutheran Church on WLH Pkwy and then took the test. Might see if the local club is holding any classes. I'll try to find the link.

Here ya go. Email the jrreasner guy. He's the one that helped me get licensed.

A Technician class is offered periodically by Club members and an exam session is given at the conclusion of these classes.  Anyone is welcome to test for all levels at those sessions.  Send an...

Register here for practice exams. https://www.qrz.com/ht/www.qrz.com/exams

Lots of apps and free online material to study.
      Last edited by Chew; 01-05-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

My wife’s grandparents were big time Ham radio operators with some majorly trendy, high dollar equipment...even back in the day (late 80s and 90s). They had both home based and mobile applications that were equally as impressive. I used to spend hours watching and listening to them communicate with people all over the world. The radio antenna they had behind their house was guy wired down into deep concrete footings. If I had to guess I’d say it was at least 70’ tall.

I still remember their call signs.
        K5BNH
        K5BNI

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          I see you're in Kingwood. I took a class at the Lutheran Church on WLH Pkwy and then took the test. Might see if the local club is holding any classes. I'll try to find the link.

Here ya go. Email the jrreasner guy. He's the one that helped me get licensed.

A Technician class is offered periodically by Club members and an exam session is given at the conclusion of these classes.  Anyone is welcome to test for all levels at those sessions.  Send an...

Register here for practice exams. https://www.qrz.com/ht/www.qrz.com/exams

Lots of apps and free online material to study.
          Thanks Chew!

Comment

Working...
          X