Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strap that chit to the back we ain’t making another trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
    They shouldn't be tailgating then, going 70 mph, u should have at least 7 seconds following distance
    Dude 70mph is 0.194 miles per second. X 7 seconds = .136 miles = ~718 FEET

No one on the planet drives 718 feet away from the car in front of them. If I remember right, drivers ed was like 2-4 car lengths depending on speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Dude 70mph is 0.194 miles per second. X 7 seconds = .136 miles = ~718 FEET

No one on the planet drives 718 feet away from the car in front of them. If I remember right, drivers ed was like 2-4 car lengths depending on speed.
      A car length for every ten MPH is what our instructor told us.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
        They shouldn't be tailgating then, going 70 mph, u should have at least 7 seconds following distance

The rule in driver’s ed was 1 car length per 10 mph. That’s 7 car lengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a hot tub ?

Comment

As long as they got the straps tight, slapped the load and then said “Well that ain’t going nowhere” they should be fine

Comment

The owner of the moving company is thinking “we could have charged them to move it inside a truck, and if it falls off and injures somebody I’ll face a multi million dollar lawsuit. If the driver is sued, his financial resources could be sued for the value of his car. I’ll have the DOT and state agencies looking at all our safety and training procedures.”

Not a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                The owner of the moving company is thinking “we could have charged them to move it inside a truck, and if it falls off and injures somebody I’ll face a multi million dollar lawsuit. If the driver is sued, his financial resources could be sued for the value of his car. I’ll have the DOT and state agencies looking at all our safety and training procedures.”

Not a good idea.

I bet you're a bundle of joy to hand out with!!!

Comment

Reality sucks sometimes.

People doing dumb stuff that only harms them is their business.

I’ll bet if this plywood came off a company’s truck the owner didn’t think it was funny either.

Comment

You guys must not drive the roads much...this is very common for moving companies.

Comment

Originally posted by SPDKLZ View Post
                      You guys must not drive the roads much...this is very common for moving companies.
                      Every day, all day

Some older trailers don’t have it almost all new ones have a pull out frame in the rear that they will put walk boards down and use it for extra space. There is e track style corners on the rear upright post of the trailer to use the straps.

Comment

Originally posted by SPDKLZ View Post

I drive around 40k a year and don’t recall ever seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          Looks like a hot tub ?

I think it was a couch.

Comment

Working...
                          X