Need Ideas for a trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Ideas for a trailer

I got stuck with some "odd ducks" gooseneck trailers. They have a 16' straight deck/ 102" wide with 2-5200lb axles. I am trying to come up with ideas to help move these trailers. Maybe set them up as a fuel tank trailer like farmers/ranchers use. Set up some type of light machinery maybe a power washer setup? I thought maybe someone here might have a fresh idea that I am not thinking of

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
    I got stuck with some "odd ducks" gooseneck trailers. They have a 16' straight deck/ 102" wide with 2-5200lb axles. I am trying to come up with ideas to help move these trailers. Maybe set them up as a fuel tank trailer like farmers/ranchers use. Set up some type of light machinery maybe a power washer setup? I thought maybe someone here might have a fresh idea that I am not thinking of
    Let’s see a picture
    Sounds great for many 1/2ton applications
    Sounds awesome for a camp trailer,
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-16-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

How many ya got? How far back are the axles? I may be interested in one.

Spitballing here but what comes to mind-

Cookoff trailers

I’ve made some mobile shooting bench trailers with roofs (they sell good in prairie dog country as they are elevated)

Height may be a factor if they are deckovers, but you could throw prefab buildings on them and sell them as a “tiny house” or a hunting camp rig.

Comment

I have 5 of these to get rid of, they are new.
        Attached Files

Comment

Price?

Comment

That is a good looking trailer as is

Comment

They are new and I will check pricing on Monday. I am estimating 5000.00 out the door, that should be close

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                Let’s see a picture
                Sounds great for many 1/2ton applications
                Sounds awesome for a camp trailer,
                A 1/2 ton would pull these very easily. An added bonus, its not as easy for people to borrow as bumper pulls are

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                  They are new and I will check pricing on Monday. I am estimating 5000.00 out the door, that should be close
                  Not trying to be Debbie downer, but at $5k I’m looking for single 7ks. I think you’ll need to be in the $4k-4500 range to move them efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    Not trying to be Debbie downer, but at $5k I’m looking for single 7ks. I think you’ll need to be in the $4k-4500 range to move them efficiently.
                    I understand that completely and I am trying get my cost on these, I am not making $$ on these at 5k. These are a odd duck in the trailer world, they were ordered like this for a specific purpose but the sale did not go through. That is partly why I am trying to get ideas on equipment to mount and increase its appeal. I never thought about trying to market these to the 1/2 ton pick up owners as previously mentioned.

Comment

TTT for more ideas

Comment

Looks like some of the bumper pulls guys use to have made to haul hot tubs. They where bumper pull but about 16 long 102 flat decks.

They would probably still prefer bumper pulls but just a thought.

Comment

Hay haulers possibly.

Comment

We have a diamond C 20’ car hauler at work and it’s a solid trailer.

Comment

What makes them odd ducks?

I need something similar for hauling my tractor and hauling used cars and whatnot. Would it be a pain to load a car on one of those without scraping the car?

Comment

Working...
                              X