Oops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops!

Season before last I was half way through my morning hunt when I got a call to come track a deer. I took my time gearing down and taking my stand down etc. (I hunt public land and use a lock on) I took my time walking back the half mile to the truck called my woman to meet me with the dog and leads. Got to the truck and actually broke a big sweat as I didn’t take any cooling breaks back. I set my bow down by my tire dropped the tail gate set the stand and back pack in the bed and called her to see where she was at. She wasn’t far from meeting location so I grabbed my water and decided to hurry over there since she was already mad she had to bring me the dog. I threw the truck in reverse eased on the gas and heard a pop. My heart sank Yuhp you guessed it. Just ran over my brand new Mathews vertix. I jumped out panicking first thing I noticed my quiver snapped with all three of my arrows. My sight had folded over but wasn’t broken that I could tell.

Unfortunately I just bought the bow from west houston archery after my bowtech blew up in full draw on a buck the season before that. Just a run of bad luck with my last two bows all though both have killed quite a few animals since their purchase!

When I evaluated my bow I didn’t notice any cracks or warping or broken/ bent limbs or anything at that matter. I’m not sure the cane is quite bent or supposed to look this way. I gathered the courage to draw it back and it drew smooth until just before end of cycle it clicked. I eased it down and left it alone. Taking to the shop next month. I have a back up bow just curious as to what y’all think it may be. If it’s fixable I’m getting new strings and a full tune up with what ever replacement parts she may need.

Lesson learned.

I think it's time for a new bow. I would never trust it.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      I think it's time for a new bow. I would never trust it.
      I don’t always drop 1800 on a new bow…. I’d rather not have to do it again if i don’t have to!

Comment

You already had one snap at full draw. I gave my opinion. Good luck

Comment

Yeah take it to the shop and have them go through everything

Comment

Shop or not I would never trust it. There could be a hairline Crack in a limb that they don't catch and it could blow up on you too. I'd stick with the backup until you can get a new one or find a used one.

Comment

Run it over to Texas Archery in spring and ask Joey to check everything out. Better than risking losing an eye or worse.

Comment

That click he heard told me all I need to know.

Comment

Life's short and money is tight. Wear safety glasses, check the sights, and go kill a deer. Everybody wants to spend your money on the internet.

Comment

Good luck to you. Hope if you hunt it you get to keep both eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Life's short and money is tight. Wear safety glasses, check the sights, and go kill a deer. Everybody wants to spend your money on the internet.
                      yep, gotta agree.
                      However, I'd don some PPE. Heavy jacket, face protection, just for safety's sake
                      At least for 10-15 shots. Then go back over it and see if stess increased/affected any damage.

Comment

Take it to Texas archery and have raymond or Joey look at it. I had my dads step kid cut the string of his matthews with scissors, i took it over there and they looked it over and fixed what needed to be fixed as as well as a new string and the next year i shot my biggest buck to date with it. That bow is now being used by my brother.

Comment

Working...
                        X