Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electricity prices, how much has yours increased?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much like the fuel thread, electricity rates have just gone up in parts of Texas. So how much has yours increased?

My mother-in-law lives like a hermit. Her curtains and blinds are always closed, she keeps all the lights off, and it is typically a little on the warm side in her house. Her bill during the summer is typically $130-$150. She just got her electric bill and it was $200.

So how much has yours gone up? For those with electric cars, how much is it costing you now to recharge your car? Are you going to do anything to help lower your electric bill?

If she is on a month to month rate, she could do better. Rates are definitely up though.

Also, they are going to stay up with their fuel feedstock prices going up and having to invest in freeze protection for a once in a millennium event.

Comment

Up $75.00 over last years bill...

Comment

20-25% since last year.

Comment

I’m wondering what will happen if the water level of Lake Mead gets below the ability to produce electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            20-25% since last year.
            This.

Comment

I had a low plan that takes me to the end of July so nothing yet.
              However looks like about a 35% increase coming when I have to renew . With the hot may and june hoping fall comes early

Comment

we are up from 6.6c to 7.6c per kWh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have to renew our plan and the lowest I seen was 14.9 Cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Electric and natural gas can be expected to double by years end. Unlike gasoline at the pump, once the rates go up they will never come down without legislation intervention. Especially here in Texas and we can thank old Ann Richards for that for what she did decades ago.

Comment

Fly by night solar panel sales people are hawking neighborhoods all over right now. I chased one out of my yard yesterday.

Comment

Fees

They have so many extra fee charges on mine it would take a New York Lawyer to figure out what there for. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Unlike gasoline at the pump, once the rates go up they will never come down without legislation

Comment

Mine just renewed yesterday.

I Was at 7 cents total for the past 12 months.

Best I could find a month or so ago was a 3 year fixed at 13 cents total. I Looked yesterday just to see if rates had gone up and the best I could find was over 14 cents.

It is not going down I don't believe any time soon so I locked in for 3 years. It is not cheap for sure

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                              I had a low plan that takes me to the end of July so nothing yet.
                              However looks like about a 35% increase coming when I have to renew . With the hot may and june hoping fall comes early
                              you may want to go ahead and lock in a rate now to be effective August 1st -

Comment

Working...
                              X