Need advice from gun gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice from gun gurus

I have a new gun on order. I just picked up a scope for it. 4-12 x 50 with a 1” tube.

The rifle has a small Picatinny rail on top for optic mounting.

What height rings should I get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man, I always just take the scope to the store and pick them out with it in hand.

Comment

Ring height varies with manufacturer and style. It also matters what kind of rifle you are getting. Vortex can help you.

Comment

THEN, with that 50mm objective, the scope may be too high for the comb of the rifle stock, and you will need to get a cheek riser to get your eye in line with the scope.
        If you have to go that route, I recommend either Titan or Accu riser.

Comment

My scopes mounted on a rail are all 30mm tubes so about 3/16" larger than a 1" tube. I have low rings on all of them with 44mm to 50mm objective scopes. What you will run into is the objective bell hitting the rail not so much the barrel. If someone is smaller in stature and has a naturally shorter length of pull and needs the scope closer towards the butt of the gun that will increase the likelihood of the objective bell hitting the rail. I would bet you could get away with medium height. The link has an article about it and an embedded link to some size charts from weaver.
          A beginners guide to choosing the right scope ring size for your firearm. Learn more from the experts at Bushnell.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
            My scopes mounted on a rail are all 30mm tubes so about 3/16" larger than a 1" tube. I have low rings on all of them with 44mm to 50mm objective scopes. What you will run into is the objective bell hitting the rail not so much the barrel. If someone is smaller in stature and has a naturally shorter length of pull and needs the scope closer towards the butt of the gun that will increase the likelihood of the objective bell hitting the rail. I would bet you could get away with medium height. The link has an article about it and an embedded link to some size charts from weaver.
            https://www.bushnell.com/expert-advi...ing-sizes.html

I orderd the mediums. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
            X