Praying for you tonight.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that. Praying for you

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers for speedy recovery

Comment

I’ll second what Texas Grown already said…just prepare for life to be different from here on out. It’s been almost 30 years for me, and I still cannot handle working outside all day in the heat. I was roughly an hour away from brain damage and possible death according to the doctors…thought I would get over it and be okay. Never been the same…so please be careful and listen to your doctor, Josh

To everyone else…hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And take plenty of breaks. It doesn’t make you any less of a man if you take care of yourself and let your body catch up. Your family will appreciate it, and you’ll be able to enjoy life a little easier. I have issues even fishing all day in the heat, which makes enjoying life a little more difficult to say the least. After a few hours in extreme heat, it’s like I’m in a barrel with every noise echoing in my head, my vision becomes very hazy, and I have to find somewhere to cool down. It’s no joke, fellas…take care of your body, we only get one

P.S. if you ever stare down at your feet, and they look like they’re 20 feet away and you wonder why you are looking at the soles of your feet with your legs stretched straight out…you’ll never forget it
            Last edited by TxDispatcher; 08-07-2022, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Sunday morning prayers for Josh and family.

Comment

Praise God. My kidneys are not 100% but have continued to improve overnight. The damage from the heat stroke ought to continue to reverse itself according to the doctor. They are going to discharge me today and do bloodwork in a week to make sure kidney function is back to normal. It also affected my blood vessels (temporarily?) so my blood pressure has been like 98/56 so I don't need BP meds right now lol. I guess I didn't realize how close I was to other organs shutting down, brain damage, or even death. Some things you just can't tough out. Heat strokes are no joke! Thanks you for all of the prayers!

Comment

Good your doing better and going home. This heat is brutal.

Comment

Glad you are doing better. Sending a prayer anyway. Can never get enough of them.

Comment

Just seeing this. Glad you’re improving Josh. Heat stroke is nothing to mess with. Pay attention to the warning signs and don’t try to keep going in the future. One thing about heat exhaustion and heat stroke is you’re gonna be more susceptible to them in the future

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Just now seeing this…. Glad to see you are doing better. This dang heat is nothing to mess around with. Had something similar fishing back in 2005. Working or playing out in the heat for long periods has never felt the same or ….I’m just more aware and conscious about it.

Good luck continuing on getting better. .

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              Praise God. My kidneys are not 100% but have continued to improve overnight. The damage from the heat stroke ought to continue to reverse itself according to the doctor. They are going to discharge me today and do bloodwork in a week to make sure kidney function is back to normal. It also affected my blood vessels (temporarily?) so my blood pressure has been like 98/56 so I don't need BP meds right now lol. I guess I didn't realize how close I was to other organs shutting down, brain damage, or even death. Some things you just can't tough out. Heat strokes are no joke! Thanks you for all of the prayers!
                              Yea. I got an academy brother that was almost flown downtown during a swat school.

Big guy that wouldn't quit and passed out. He wasn't allowed to do physical anything in temps above 90 for a month

From what I understand you're forever susceptible to heat stroke after one

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Yea. I got an academy brother that was almost flown downtown during a swat school.

Big guy that wouldn't quit and passed out. He wasn't allowed to do physical anything in temps above 90 for a month

From what I understand you're forever susceptible to heat stroke after one

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                Dangit. Yah they just came in and told me that basically I won't have another one because my organs will start shutting down before my body let's that happen. They said my kidney function is still very low but a big improvement over yesterday so we are praying that all of the damage reverses itself over the next week or so. We'll know more in 8-10 days. I thank God that I had the seizure that caused my wife to turn around and get me to the ER. If she would have taken me home like I wanted it would have been very bad. Next time I'll listen to my body sooner.

Comment

Working...
                                X