Where will he finish out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAP View Post
    Is this buck on the hit list this year or you going to let him get older?

I have a 10 point with 13" g3s and he grossed 192" with 4 small extra points. Your buck has mine beat every where except mass and maybe beams.
    I lost my phone last month and didn't have my back up service on. Now have a 2 year gap in my photos.

His mass will fool you. He was just under 38" last year. Next time I go out to the ranch I'll post some pics of his sheds with a tape on them.

I think I'm going to give him one more year and see what happens. He's not alot bigger than last year. Really his 2's are the only thing that has drastically improved. Some added length on his 4's as well. I'm hoping those 3's will move down the beam a few inches next year like they were last year. He's been a clean 10 3 years in a row now.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      I lost my phone last month and didn't have my back up service on. Now have a 2 year gap in my photos.

His mass will fool you. He was just under 38" last year. Next time I go out to the ranch I'll post some pics of his sheds with a tape on them.

I think I'm going to give him one more year and see what happens. He's not alot bigger than last year. Really his 2's are the only thing that has drastically improved. Some added length on his 4's as well. I'm hoping those 3's will move down the beam a few inches next year like they were last year. He's been a clean 10 3 years in a row now.
      What did he score last year?

Comment

Important question is gonna be what do you think he weighs? That’ll help explain what we are looking at in those trail cams pretty easily.

Shot this buck last season with my bow. He’s a pretty good measuring stick for your buck imo.

Comment

IMO you cannot go wrong watching him another year - we have done the same thing on some really special deer and most of the time they improve - there have been a few times they went backwards but overall it pays to be patient - the 201 I posted earlier was a 9 point 175 inches and we let him walk and he added 26 inches of tine -

The good news is that it is cool getting to watch a stud deer like yours during the season - you are doing things right for sure

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            What did he score last year?
            Only have 1 shed. doubling it and giving him 20 inside woulda put him right at 179

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
              Important question is gonna be what do you think he weighs? That’ll help explain what we are looking at in those trail cams pretty easily.

Shot this buck last season with my bow. He’s a pretty good measuring stick for your buck imo.

https://youtube.com/shorts/kz1jiata6cw?feature=share
              Looking at the video, I'd agree VERY similar looking deer.

Comment

Looking at the video, I'd agree VERY similar looking deer.
                I agree! That’s why I had to show you the video lol
                For reference, he had 13” G2s, 11” G3s, and 7” G4s. 27” beams.

You got yourself an awesome buck man. Enjoy it.

Comment

DD I just watched your video.....wholly crap, 2" of deduct is amazing in itself

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                    DD I just watched your video.....wholly crap, 2" of deduct is amazing in itself
                    Thank you!

Comment

I'm 90% that he is 5 this year. I have sheds from last year and his g3's were 13" last year. They look to be about the same this year.

IMO his knees look a little arthritic/swollen, and "old." Almost too old to be a 5 year old. But, there's all kinds of things you know that we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                        I agree! That’s why I had to show you the video lol

For reference, he had 13” G2s, 11” G3s, and 7” G4s. 27” beams.

You got yourself an awesome buck man. Enjoy it.
                        No 27" beams on this guy but longer 3s make it a push.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a pic of left side that is less than 1 week old and also his left shed last year - beam 25+, g3 13+, h3 5.

I can't get him less than 191

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by JBJTX81; 08-22-2022, 12:54 PM.

Comment

man that is a beauty of a buck!

Comment

Massive!!! Great looking buck, good luck............

Comment

He's dang sure bigger than last year now. Beams are super.might hit 14inches on g3s

Comment

Working...
                                X