Tactacam camera and app gtg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam camera and app gtg?

What are the pros and cons of the tactacam reveal x 2.0? I like that it sends thumbnails but that I have the option to pay a little More and get hd photos. Poor quality pics turned me off my CuddeLinks.

How’s the Tactacam app? I’ve seen some reviews that say running multiple cameras on one account pools the pictures and apparently people don’t like that. What’s the deal?

How do the batteries last? Do I need a solar panel to run it for more than a month or so between visits?

You can select individual cameras when you don’t want to see all pics “pooled”. I have very good luck running Tactacams! And I was a Covert guy(still run 3) for years

Comment

The 2.0 has better quality pics and you can get vids on your phone without having to pull the sd card just cost you a few bucks per 50. The batteries def last longer on the 2.0 but still not long enough. I still run a 12v with solar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Reveal X Pro is the newest one. It has no glow and gps technology. You can also request video right front the app. I run 7 cameras on my account. You can simply click on the camera you want to look at. No real issues with them all pooled if you don’t want to see them that way.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-02-2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          The Reveal X Pro is the newest one. It has no glow and gps technology. You can also request video right front the app. I run 7 cameras on my account. You can simply click on the camera you want to look at. No real issues with them all pooled if you don’t want to see them that way.
          Is the gps incase its stolen?

Can you ask it to take a picture to see what's under the feeder at will?

Comment

I may have to check these out. I haven’t found a cell camera that I like yet other than the one that cam on my jaeger pro hog trap. But it’s an $800 camera.

Comment

https://keencamera.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                Is the gps incase its stolen?

Can you ask it to take a picture to see what's under the feeder at will?
                Yes. The gps is to locate the camera if stolen. I’m not sure on the take at will question. I’m gonna check.

The Reveal X Pro is $169

Here’s a quick video about the X Pro

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-02-2022, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Yes. The gps is to locate the camera if stolen. I’m not sure on the take at will question. I’m gonna check.

The Reveal X Pro is $169

Here’s a quick video about the X Pro
                  Follow up and some info I found.

I ordered the reveal XB which seems to be similar to the pro but without the built in LCD screen. It’s going fir $119 now. The XB is 24MP, has gps tracking, and it can send videos. I am most impressed by the capability to turn any picture it takes into an HD video and send it to my phone. It takes a video every time it takes a picture. And it has an sd card rewrite feature so the sd card never fills up.

As for taking a picture at will, it doesn’t seem to have that feature. But the reason I would use it is to see if a deer is at the feeder before I walk in. Or, if rifle hunting, what deer is under the feeder when it’s too dark to make out with binoculars. The camera still seems useful in that regard because I can switch it to send pictures immediately after they are taken. So, in principle if there is a deer at the feeder I will get a pic of it shortly and no pic means no deer if all works as it should.

I’m looking forward to trying out these cameras.

Comment

Follow up and some info I found.

I ordered the reveal XB which seems to be similar to the pro but without the built in LCD screen. It’s going fir $119 now. The XB is 24MP, has gps tracking, and it can send videos. I am most impressed by the capability to turn any picture it takes into an HD video and send it to my phone. It takes a video every time it takes a picture. And it has an sd card rewrite feature so the sd card never fills up.

As for taking a picture at will, it doesn’t seem to have that feature. But the reason I would use it is to see if a deer is at the feeder before I walk in. Or, if rifle hunting, what deer is under the feeder when it’s too dark to make out with binoculars. The camera still seems useful in that regard because I can switch it to send pictures immediately after they are taken. So, in principle if there is a deer at the feeder I will get a pic of it shortly and no pic means no deer if all works as it should.

I’m looking forward to trying out these cameras.
                    If you don't have it always set to send instantly, make sure to update that setting through the app at least a day before. There's a message when changing settings (at least on the older Reveal models) that changes can take up to 24 hours to go into effect.

And we keep our cameras set to send instantly for the very reason you mentioned. We just have notifications muted and only receive the banner when a picture is taken. Sleep with your phone face down and it's not a bother in the least.

Comment

Yep all mine are set to instant. I just refresh the app before going in to the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                        If you don't have it always set to send instantly, make sure to update that setting through the app at least a day before. There's a message when changing settings (at least on the older Reveal models) that changes can take up to 24 hours to go into effect.

And we keep our cameras set to send instantly for the very reason you mentioned. We just have notifications muted and only receive the banner when a picture is taken. Sleep with your phone face down and it's not a bother in the least.
                        We share all pictures with all groups members so we can decide who to shoot etc. Is there a way to run a few of these cameras and have all the pic/videos sent to all the members through the app or can only one phone get them?

Comment

Multiple phones can look at the pics just need the sign into the same app.

Comment

We share all pictures with all groups members so we can decide who to shoot etc. Is there a way to run a few of these cameras and have all the pic/videos sent to all the members through the app or can only one phone get them?
                            Anyone with the password can look at the pics. It’s a great lease tool for the reason you mentioned.

Comment

[QUOTE=Txhuntr2;16332164]We share all pictures with all groups members so we can decide who to shoot etc. Is there a way to run a few of these cameras and have all the pic/videos sent to all the members through the app or can only one phone get them?[/

Just need the email and pass word to see the pictures so if who ever sets up the cameras shares that login information anyone can get the app a login to see the pictures. I’m pretty sure it’s like that with all cell camera apps!

Comment

Working...
                              X