No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Y'all's hard work is paying off!

Comment

Forecast in Blanket is 10 more straight days of 100 degree highs
      Seems cool compared to that 118.

Comment

I check this thread every few days but haven't posted in it in a while. Things are looking good out there. Enjoying all the updates OP. Keep them coming

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
          I check this thread every few days but haven't posted in it in a while. Things are looking good out there. Enjoying all the updates OP. Keep them coming
          I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            Forecast in Blanket is 10 more straight days of 100 degree highs
            Seems cool compared to that 118.
            I'm tired of these 100+ degree days! I'm ready for Fall to get here.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	South Feeder (1) (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	24687632

Name:	South Feeder (2) (Large).jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	24687633

Name:	South Feeder (3) (Large).jpg
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	24687634

Here are some pictures from one of our feeders. The last picture is of a buck that has a lot of trash at his bases.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put some 4x4's in concrete and set them in a 5 gallon barrel for my cameras. I have a problem with them falling down, I'm sure its a combo of animals knocking them down and wind. Turned into a bigger problem than i expected.

Comment

Also does your weather station measure wind gust? Were a couple miles west of you and have several large pecan trees snap in half in the last month.

Comment

That's strange about your camera posts falling over. This will be the second post we've made. Our first one has done great and never fallen over but I use a full 50lb bag of mix in each bucket so they are very heavy.

Yes, our weather station measures wind gusts. The largest wind gust over the past 50 days was 35-37mph wind gusts on 6/27 so maybe that's what caused your pecan trees snapping?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a downburst type wind about 3 weeks ago that was crazy. We saw several trees broken or snapped
                          Last about 1-2 minutes across our place. Blew everything off the porch. Never happened before.

Maybe a wider base on that 80 lb camera holder? . Like a lick tub partially filled. ?

Comment

wow I wouldn't have guessed those mps's would knock down mature trees.

I only used about 30 per bucket, might add some more if they are working well for you.

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                            That's strange about your camera posts falling over. This will be the second post we've made. Our first one has done great and never fallen over but I use a full 50lb bag of mix in each bucket so they are very heavy.

Yes, our weather station measures wind gusts. The largest wind gust over the past 50 days was 35-37mph wind gusts on 6/27 so maybe that's what caused your pecan trees snapping?

Comment

Progression Pictures of Buck

Name:	Progression Pictures (10pt).jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	24687994

This a picture that shows this same buck over the past 3 years. I typically do this so we can see how bucks are doing year to year. We aren't expecting any big jumps this year and have seen several bucks decline due to the drought. I'm hoping to have several more and will update them once they finish growing but this buck appears to be a little better than last year which is a good sign.

Comment

Thanks for taking the effort to share
                                He is a real nice ten. How old is he?

Comment

Working...
                                X