Metal shop/pole barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal shop/pole barn

Anyone built one lately with crazed prices? Used to be able to build metal shop cheaper than stick built, but not sure how that translates to now.

Looking at a simple 30x40 with 15' overhangs.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Nobody??

Comment

I’m waiting for a kit to be delivered and set up now. With no help building a red iron shop I decided on a store bought carport type. It a 28x 35 with 12 tall walls, 2 10x10 roll up doors, 1 walk through door and five 30x30 windows. Delivered and set up in two days cost 15,500.

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
        I’m waiting for a kit to be delivered and set up now. With no help building a red iron shop I decided on a store bought carport type. It a 28x 35 with 12 tall walls, 2 10x10 roll up doors, 1 walk through door and five 30x30 windows. Delivered and set up in two days cost 15,500.
        That doesn't seem too terrible. How much slab gonna run?

Comment

I needed 9 loads of fill dirt @$1500 and the slab cost completed was $6900. I’m in it deeper than I wanted , but it took me 6 months to build a 14x 36 red iron rv carport by myself. This will be a lot faster.

Comment

I built a pole barn in late 2018 & a red-iron metal building last month. In 2018 a pole barn was about half the price of a metal building (welded red-iron) for the exact same building. The building I just built was about 10% more than building a pole-barn, so I went all metal. I got a lot of quotes for each building and they are essentially the same building (40x60x16 with 25ft front porch)

Comment

I just built a 30x40 weld up metal building with a 15x40 lean to on one side. Concrete, insulation, full bath, lights etc ready to go around 45 or so. That’s doing something of the work myself. What I couldn’t do I contracted out.

Comment

I just got a weld up done. 30x40x12 with a 15 foot overhang on the back. was around 45K for materials and labor.

Comment

Working...
                X