Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    Nothing but a sea of red this year in New Mexico. But my good friend drew a unit 16D first rifle bull tag so I’m getting to see that country this year for sure

I was coming here to congratulate you after seeing a post on rokslide. I guess that’s not you?

Sure was hoping to double down on elk and head back. All red for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Busted on elk and Oryx.

Drew second rifle for Mule deer. Drew a tough unit for deer but looks like good ground and happy to have a shot at em.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        I was coming here to congratulate you after seeing a post on rokslide. I guess that’s not you?

Sure was hoping to double down on elk and head back. All red for me.

Oh yeah that’s me on rok, my buddy drew two phenomenal tags and I’m going to try to get info a little later from a couple guys that offered after I posted that. Should have worded that post differently

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
          Oh yeah that’s me on rok, my buddy drew two phenomenal tags and I’m going to try to get info a little later from a couple guys that offered after I posted that. Should have worded that post differently

Ahh got ya. Well I’m jealous of him! Hope I get to experience the Gila one day before I’m 6’ under.

Comment

All Red for me.

Comment

I put in for mine but have never done it before. Didn't know I could put in for a preference point first and possibly get drawn on a 2nd or 3rd unit of choice. Oh well, going either way. OTC more than likely. Looks like pickings are getting slim with OTC too. Lost a couple more this year.

Comment

Unsuccessful in New Mexico again for me. Guess Colorado it is again.

Comment

Drew New Mexico for the first time. We have been putting in the outfitter pool for 4 years and finally get to play. 16B horseback pack in hunt, cant freakin wait!!

Comment

Never got around to posting this last year on here, but don't get tired of showing it off. Got lucky on my first elk hunt ever and my buddy called this one into 12 yards from me bugling in my face and was able to get an arrow in him at 20 yards. Watched him fall and to say I'm hooked is an understatement.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I withdrew all my apps after winning the super tag in Wyoming. My partners drew first choice deer in New Mexico. Might should have stayed on that app and held the tag just in case. Glad they drew though, they will be helping me in Wyoming and will hold tags in case I tag out early up north. I do have a third season group hunt available on my new Mexico elk lease if anyone is interested and could put a group together. Private land in unit 4. shoot me a pm if really interested and could put a group together.

Comment

Got the green on our third choice. Is it September yet?

Comment

I wish the Colorado draw was this early.

Comment

Drew Elk archery for 6C! first hunt in New Mexico, super pumped!

Comment

Congrats all. 3 reds for me, hopefully next year.

Comment

I didn't apply for NM, but watching the chatter and some of yall scoring some good tags is getting me pumped for WY and CO draws!

Comment

Working...
                                X