Freaking raccoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaking raccoons

I have a 600# stand and fill all seasons with the large steel saucers at the bottom to prevent theft- well, raccoons apparently can still reach far enough inside to empty.

I trap with coon cuffs but the old fat ones don’t even pay my traps any mind anymore and go straight to emptying my feeder-

What can I do to prevent corn stealing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the Bucees ASF feeder? I had to extend the bottom plate

Last edited by Smart; 04-15-2022, 01:47 PM.

Comment

^^^^^^^^

Comment

What was used for such extension?

Comment

Freaking raccoons

I bought 4 of these. No cutting...just buy and use. Centered them and used size 5/16 bolts that were 3/4" long. I paid $8 each for them 2 years ago and they paid for themselves quick. But with the price of corn now, even the $40ish for them now pays for itself quick. ASF crapped the bed by not extending the plate the same width as the hopper.

Last edited by Smart; 04-15-2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I hear ya

Comment

That's a Lamco.... not an All Seasons.

I haven't had any issues with my Lamcos. They get the corn off the plate that is leftover but haven't had them reach the spinner. Yours must have some monkey arms
              Last edited by Smart; 04-15-2022, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I bought 4 of these. No cutting...just buy and use. Centered them and used size 5/16 bolts that were 3/4" long. I paid $8 each for them 2 years ago and they paid for themselves quick. But with the price of corn now, even the $40ish for them now pays for itself quick. ASF crapped the bed by not extending the plate the same width as the hopper.

Could you get to them in order to just attach with some pop rivets?

Comment

try reducing the size of the spacers between the flat plates. Won't cure it but but will make it harder.

Comment

Any pics of the coons going through the hole in the bottom of the plate?

On the Lamco, one thing I did do was put a biscuit or pie pan over the hole that gives us access to the spinner plate through the bottom plate. I did catch some coons on Covert video going under there and spinning the spinner there and then reaching onto the plates to get what they could reach. That pan covering the hole stopped that quick. I used a cheap 88 cent pan at Walmart round or square, spray painted, drilled a couple of holes for water drainage (if any), then centered over the hole in the bottom plate and attached with self tapping screws. Easily removable too if you need to get to the spinner plate. We just did my lease buddy's Lamco this way as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	24681997

Name:	IMG_8878.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	24681998

Name:	IMG_8874.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	24681999
                    Last edited by Smart; 04-15-2022, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      That's a Lamco.... not an All Seasons.

I haven't had any issues with my Lamcos. They get the corn off the plate that is leftover but haven't had them reach the spinner. Yours must have some monkey arms

Ohhh yeah- I have the all season timer in it- but sure enough they reach in all night some nights on trail cam and steal corn.

Comment

I always get trail cam pics where they are sticking their arms in- I just assumed they were spinning but they could be just grabbing corn from the bottom hole and then retrieving.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                          try reducing the size of the spacers between the flat plates. Won't cure it but but will make it harder.

Good idea as well. If I have any problems outside of them just scraping the leftovers off the plates, I'll keep that in mind

Comment

AllSeason have have 6 settings right?

I found the best way to keep the critters at bay from havoc is to set 6 settings.

“Critters” be it hogs, coons, crows, Aoudad, squirrels, or whatever, are just part of the equation.

I’m convinced doves eat more corn than the rest combined. I could kill a dozen doves at any given time with one load of #8.
                            Last edited by Voodoo; 04-15-2022, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X