Kubota Tractor Buying Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubota Tractor Buying Question

I have 640 acres. I keep my roads and senderos shredded. I do that work with a 46 HP Mahindra and a 5 foot shredder. It is very time consuming and with no cab I'm eating dirt, burning up in the heat, fighting wasps, going deaf, etc. Its time I get a tractor with a cab and with enough HP to run a 8 or 10 foot shredder. I'm looking at Kubotas.

My budget is $50k or less for the tractor and front end loader. Must be 4wd and have a cab.

I'm looked at the M6060 and the MX6000 today.

M6060 - 66.4 engine HP with 56 PTO HP, power shuttle transmission
    MX6000 - 63.4 engine HP with 51.7 PTO HP, hydrostatic transmission

What other models should I be considering?

I'm used to the power shuttle transmission. I've never driven hydrostatic. Seems like a good way to make your foot tired if you are just shredding down a long road. Any tips here?

What other options should I make sure I get on a Kubota?

Mine is a M6040, an older version of the M6060 I guess. It’s power shuttle and I’m completely happy with it although I use a 6’ shredder. I’ve ran a lot of equipment in my lifetime and I never was a fan of hydrostatic transmissions.

Comment

we have a M7060 and it will run a 15' batwing all day long...dont really care for the emissions crap, but...
      Cab and air is the only way to go

Comment

My Kubota with HST has cruise control. No need to worry about your foot falling asleep. I’d go with a batwing shredder to keep the brush as far off the cab as possible.
        Last edited by HOOKNBULLET2; 04-11-2022, 02:44 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

The hydro trans don't have cruise control?

I've cruise on my JD and foot doesn't get tired in 3-4 hours

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't been in any of the aforementioned models, but I would actually lean toward the hydrostatic. Better fine speed control, and I'm betting those models have some sort of hand control or at least cruise control for speed. I always hate when the speed I want to go is in between gears, especially when you are working at a pretty constant RPM with a PTO implement like a shredder.

10' Woods shredder (non-3pt) would go great with a tractor like that. The hitch-pulled one will keep junk off the cab better than a 3pt model will.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              The hydro trans don't have cruise control?

I've cruise on my JD and foot doesn't get tired in 3-4 hours

My 47 HP Kubota does. My foot doesn't get tired on mine, even without using the cruise.

Comment

I have the 51 hp hydro my foot doesn't get tired but it does have a cruise control lever !

Comment

you gonna sell your other tractor

Comment

You can have a cruise control installed on a kubota or at least I did a couple of years ago. I think it was a $300.00 option in my situation.

Comment

I have the MX 6000 w hydrostatic. It does have cruise control. I love shredding w mine. So easy to go from forward to reverse in order to get into tight places. I have a 6’ shredder.

Comment

Here’s the specs on the two tractors I looked at today. The M6060 seemed more heavy duty than the MX6000

Comment

I'm surprised at the price. I figured much more.

Good point bowhuntermatt on speed control with hydro. It's nice to be able to ease off the gas when it gets rough and you start bouncing

It's also much quicker than shuttle shift when using a bucket, grapple etc up front

Comment

Go at least 70hp and a 15’ cutter, you will either do this now or later but you won’t maintain 640 acres with an 8’- 10’ cutter for ever

Comment

I have the Kubota HST and wouldn't have anything else. I have rough pastures and it works really well. I as well thought the price would have been higher for the 6000.

Comment

Working...
                              X