Montague County has some big kitty cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montague County has some big kitty cats

We haven’t gotten any pics yet. Just sightings and paw prints in our hay pastures. Hoping to get some pics soon. A lot of rattlesnakes out right now.

Father in law killed a 5 footer last week north of Bowie. Snattlerake, not cat.

Comment

In for pics of dog tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        In for pics of dog tracks.

Funny. This isn’t near any town. We run several thousand acres that we farm and raise cattle and horses on. Lots of places for the cats to find plenty to eat and also have hiding spots. This time of year we don’t go into the thickets, so there’s nothing to disturb them.

Comment

I believe it. We saw tracks and an actual young mt lion in Cooke County a few years back.

I agree most do not know the difference in tracks. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPECNnqUfgQ"]Mountain Lion (Puma) vs. Dog Tracks - How to Tell Them Apart - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Lets see some track pics!

Comment

I work with a guy that says he’s seen big cats twice outside of Nocona on an old deer lease. Most people I wouldn’t believe but this guy isn’t much of a BSer.

Comment

Anyone who doesn’t believe there are mountain lions in Montague County is delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Anyone who doesn’t believe there are mountain lions in Montague County is delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I absolutely believe it. I was just having some fun due to how "cat track" threads here usually go.

Comment

I bet there ain’t many and just passing through.

Comment

Can we tell if they are black by their prints?..

Comment

A good friend of mine had TC pics of one NE of Alvord several years ago. There are some BIG properties up in Montague that don't get hunted much and some BIG deep creek bottoms. Not to mention the river hills along the Red....that is pretty rough and isolated stuff.

I don't imagine there are "a lot" of them anywhere, but there are some that live in and around Montague County.

Comment

I owned a ranch at Spanish Fort on the river, the man we bought it from told me he had seen lions on it, I did not doubt him.

Comment

I hunted in some of that country and swore I smelled pungent cat **** one morning walking out. Not real sure but that country always had me on edge. Could have just been because I was young, who knows. Never a shortage of campfire stories but I never saw one.

As I get older I realize with all the trail cameras out, if 10 percent of those stories were true we would have 'Age/weight of this cat' threads weekly!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Can we tell if they are black by their prints?..
                              That's profiling. And profiling is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X