No announcement yet.

2019 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going old school this spring. With the extremely wet and mild year I've only had coons at the feeder a few times. One of the only benefits of a wet year. We still have a few acorns hitting the ground it's been crazy.

I plan on going heavy with the dukes real soon along tradition routes such as creeks, tanks and fence crossing where trails are heavy.

Just cause I'm not seeing them don't mean they're not around. If not thinned every year they'll be that much worse come October.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve shot three out this year so far to my hounds that treed them. 26

Comment

1 in a leg hold trap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a young one in a dukes with corn. That's 28

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I need to get me some traps looks fun.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one in a Duke's dogproof trap with ham scraps (fat) two nights ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                I have trapped with Dukes and others. Baited with juice and called and hunted with dogs and calls. Absolutely nothing works like deterrence. CoonHoods are it, you cannot be there 24/7 so take the food away! Slinkies, PVC, grease, etc are useless! Once you take away the food they leave! That simple

Really Appreciate the post! And to the gentleman that Noted many don’t feed free choice, CoonHoods can work on the chutes of many different timed feeders as well. If you think a deer is smart enough to show up at a certain time but coons Aren’t your kidding yourself.
                Thanks again Darton!

Comment

Originally posted by COONHOOD View Post
                  Really Appreciate the post! And to the gentleman that Noted many don’t feed free choice, CoonHoods can work on the chutes of many different timed feeders as well. If you think a deer is smart enough to show up at a certain time but coons Aren’t your kidding yourself.
                  Thanks again Darton!

Pretty sure most of the corn slingers here are without chutes....

If you think you are talking to a group of folks who don't know how coons work then you're kidding yourself......hell some of us trap away from feeders.

If I was to feed free choice protein I would consider your product...

signed the gentleman..

Last edited by Smart; 01-21-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Four last night with Duke's baited with marshmallow and menhaden oil

Total - 33

Comment

2 w/ .308

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Duke's and peanut butter corn. Got my youngest son's first bow set up today. He finished him off with the 6th shot he's ever shot from it (4 at the bow shop).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I trapped 5 this last week!

"41"

Comment

The dog caught one in the back yard the other night, by the time I got out there the coon could barely lift it’s head. I put it out of its misery with a .22 to the head. I guess that counts, right?! 😆

“42”

Comment

12 so far this year on our place!

“54”

Comment

Dukes baited with marshmallow and menhaden oil accounted for 4 more.

Total 58

Comment

Working...
                                X