No announcement yet.

Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even with the pro's fully charged they will read a lower charge than new akalines. This is because alkalines AA batteries are 1.5 volts and rechargeables, even the best eneloops are 1.2 volts. Most of these multi battery devices connect the batteries in series. This means a 3 battery alkaline pack reads 4.5 volts where as a rechargeable reads 3.6 volts and the device interprets it as a low charge. The pro's do last very similar in run time to energizer alkalines but their voltage begins lower than the alkalines its just their chemistry.
    Last edited by LWolken; 02-11-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

You might check to make sure your solar panel is still plugged into the camera. That’s one thing I’ve found before when my batts got lower and lower. The way that plugs in, it doesn’t take much for a critter to unplug it.

I use the enloop pros on three cameras myself. Flawless so far.

Skinny

Comment

Following

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            If you haven't bought the Eneloop Pros yet you can save some money by buying the Amazon Basics with 2400 mah. They are basically re-branded eneloop pros. Humper had real good luck with them all last year. I'll be using them when I need to replace mine.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...basics+2400mah

Sweet thanks for the tip!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I got about 40 pics last night and it dropped to 20%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you haven't bought the Eneloop Pros yet you can save some money by buying the Amazon Basics with 2400 mah. They are basically re-branded eneloop pros. Humper had real good luck with them all last year. I'll be using them when I need to replace mine.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...basics+2400mah
                These are what I use. Only issue I’ve had with battery level going down is when the lo’s cows decided to rub on the camera and the solar panel cable got pulled. Been over a year and no issues with the amazon batteries

Comment

I'll second what smart said, I started with the basic eneloops. Can still went dead especially when temps were low at night. Changed to the pros and no issues now.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                    I got about 40 pics last night and it dropped to 20%

If it doesn't jump back up midday you better start increasing your delay to like 10-20 minutes until it gets sunny again.,

Comment

If it doesn't jump back up midday you better start increasing your delay to like 10-20 minutes until it gets sunny again.,
                      Good tip

Comment

Lucky for me I’m only 2 hrs away and I’ll be headed that way this weekend to run the dogs

Comment

To give you all an idea of my set. The right of the pic is north. I grabbed a real time just now and it jumped back to 40%

Comment

Mine are holding strong with a cheap 10watt solar panel. Had cheaper AA rechargeable s in there going on 2-3 years.

Every 6-9 months seems a 12v will go bad. But that's an easy fix

From my 3-4 year experience with Coverts and many attempts I have found what I am sticking with. It is more about a strong solar panel then anything. Not a cheap WI feeder panel.

Can find them on Amazon for $20-30 max. 10watts with a controller

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              Mine are holding strong with a cheap 10watt solar panel. Had cheaper AA rechargeable s in there going on 2-3 years.

Every 6-9 months seems a 12v will go bad. But that's an easy fix

From my 3-4 year experience with Coverts and many attempts I have found what I am sticking with. It is more about a strong solar panel then anything. Not a cheap WI feeder panel.

Can find them on Amazon for $20-30 max. 10watts with a controller
                              I bought coverts because everyone on the GS swore by them

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                                I bought coverts because everyone on the GS swore by them
                                I love my Covert cameras

Comment

Working...
                                X