Anyone run a wyze security cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone run a wyze security cameras?

If so what do ya think about them ?pros and cons ?

I have the little 30$ indoor one, you can’t beat it at that price.

Comment

Swann here Keith. 3MP cams.

I got a text from a neighbor today about someone getting into his truck. Some of my cams face his house in the back ground. But I have another neighbor who's tree limbs are in the way of seeing his porch and driveway at the present. I did get video of someone walking into the street from his driveway with a flashlight on the ground around midnight last night. I just didn't get any clear shots due to the leaves on the tree. He said 4 addresses/cars on my street got hit last night. If they try my stuff, they busted. Already got one breaking into my van in my driveway. He went to jail.
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-19-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
        If so what do ya think about them ?pros and cons ?
        They are neat little cameras for the money. Watch a couple youtube videos and you can see for yourself. I have tinkered with a few on some robotics projects and they have a great picture for the price. That being said, I personally wouldnt use a cloud based security camera anywhere inside my home. Now if you are just planning to use it to monitor your tool shed or flower garden I dont see a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
          They are neat little cameras for the money. Watch a couple youtube videos and you can see for yourself. I have tinkered with a few on some robotics projects and they have a great picture for the price. That being said, I personally wouldnt use a cloud based security camera anywhere inside my home. Now if you are just planning to use it to monitor your tool shed or flower garden I dont see a problem.
          Expand on no cloud based

Comment

I bought one and it was great a first. After a new version of software came out mine never worked right again so I sent it back.

Comment

Someone gave my in-laws 6 cameras but nothing else .so all they have are the cameras . What else do they need to get them up and running?

Comment

I have 5 of them on my property and I LOVE them. Stick a 32gb micrsd card in and you get rolling storage for about a week, and notifications sent to your phone when motion/sound is detected in your preferred zone. two-way audio is a plus and you can share the cameras with a spouse or whoever else once they have downloaded the app, but they cannot change any settings. they also have motion detectors and light bulbs that all sync. I refer them to all of my clients and friends as they are a FRACTION of the price of a ring/nest/arlo, and dont have any ongoing fees.
                for $20 you can get one and test it then place an order for several more. I was BLOWN AWAY by the quality when I took a chance on my first one last summer and now I'm a fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                  I have 5 of them on my property and I LOVE them. Stick a 32gb micrsd card in and you get rolling storage for about a week, and notifications sent to your phone when motion/sound is detected in your preferred zone. two-way audio is a plus and you can share the cameras with a spouse or whoever else once they have downloaded the app, but they cannot change any settings. they also have motion detectors and light bulbs that all sync. I refer them to all of my clients and friends as they are a FRACTION of the price of a ring/nest/arlo, and dont have any ongoing fees.
                  for $20 you can get one and test it then place an order for several more. I was BLOWN AWAY by the quality when I took a chance on my first one last summer and now I'm a fanboy.

Runs off of WiFi?

Comment

Following along.

Comment

Just bought one to check on the new puppy when we are at work. Works great!

Comment

Working...
                      X