ELRSO Match Aug 24-25, Rotan, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELRSO Match Aug 24-25, Rotan, TX

The Hawks Double Mountain Ranch / ERLSO match is fast approaching! Come shoot with us at this perfect location for a summer match in TX. Engage your targets and then walk a handful of steps to the air conditioned lodge for a cold drink. The ranch is beautiful and it's going to be a great time! Guaranteed 30% payout of entry fees for 1st-4th place.

Links to signup:

Limited: (.338 cal and smaller and boltface diameters of .585 and smaller)

Unlimited: (Over .338 cal, up to .50 cal)

COF and rules:

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can get another recipe together by then I will make the trip. These **** Hornady bullets exploding have wasted a ton of my time and barrel life. I am irritated.

I have a several different Berger's coming in to try out and I may have one recipe that will be 'good enough' with the SMKs.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
      If I can get another recipe together by then I will make the trip. These **** Hornady bullets exploding have wasted a ton of my time and barrel life. I am irritated.

I have a several different Berger's coming in to try out and I may have one recipe that will be 'good enough' with the SMKs.
      In the past month, we have managed to blow up Hornady 147's, 180's and Berger 195's. I feel your pain, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        In the past month, we have managed to blow up Hornady 147's, 180's and Berger 195's. I feel your pain, brother.
        Have you had any luck with the A-Tips? I am hesitant to spend more on Hornady right now. I had three complete misses at 1k. Scratching my head called the pits, they did not hear anything. Later had one come apart and saw the problem in the target.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
          Have you had any luck with the A-Tips? I am hesitant to spend more on Hornady right now. I had three complete misses at 1k. Scratching my head called the pits, they did not hear anything. Later had one come apart and saw the problem in the target.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
          I have not tried them, as I share your sentiment about spending more $$ on Hornady bullets. Ironically, the only reason I was shooting the 147's to begin with is because I was blowing up the 150 SMK. Lol. Was pretty sure it was the 4 groove bbl that was causing the issues, but the 5R replacement destroys them just as good

Comment

On a side note, I witnessed the 195 Bergers blow up out of 3 different rifles this weekend. Up until now, never even heard of it happening?

Comment

What causing the bullets to blow up?

Comment

Here’s a few pictures of the lodge to temp y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                  What causing the bullets to blow up?
                  Heat and barrel wear is my best guess. Haven't really seen it with any of them on a fresh barrel with less than 150 rounds on it. None of the ones we are seeing are being pushed exceptionally hard, nor do they have especially aggressive twist rates. The 147 ELD seems to start doing it earlier than most, if it's going to do it at all.

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                      Heat and barrel wear is my best guess. Haven't really seen it with any of them on a fresh barrel with less than 150 rounds on it. None of the ones we are seeing are being pushed exceptionally hard, nor do they have especially aggressive twist rates. The 147 ELD seems to start doing it earlier than most, if it's going to do it at all.
                      Interesting. I haven’t had a 147 ELD blow up out of my SAUM yet but I am keeping them at 3080.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                        Interesting. I haven’t had a 147 ELD blow up out of my SAUM yet but I am keeping them at 3080.
                        That's the frustrating part, trying to figure out why some do and some don't. For a while, it seemed like we were seeing it less with 5 groove bbls and thought it may have just been a 4 groove thing, but now we are seeing it with both.

Sorry for side tracking this thread, I seriously hope some of our TBH'rs can make it out to this next match. The place is really nice and we had an awesome time out there at the last one. I expect this one will be even better. It's a pretty relaxed format that is extremely "new shooter" friendly, with tons of help available if you want or need it. I can't say enough good things about the folks hosting it, either. Pretty sure everybody that came last time were made to feel like family within the first 10 minutes. Well.....almost everybody. There was this one guy that I'm pretty sure couldn't even get along with himself. But then again, he wasn't from Texas

Comment

Bumping this back up!

Guys we’ve got some awesome prizes in addition to the guaranteed cash payout.

So far we have a scope from Vortex, the opportunity to win an Atlas Bipod, bullets from Warner and Cutting Edge, goodies from Hornady, certificates from Athlon, Leupold, Thunderbeast and more to come!

Comment

Working...
                          X