Chronic sinus infections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get you one of these. Around $25.00
    I don't have the electric one just one that I squeeze the saline solution into my sinuses with but it dang sure works. My doctor told me to try it back when I'd get 4 or 5 sinus infections yearly.

Every morning I flush my sinuses and haven't had a sinus infection since I started doing that. I also flush after mowing the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
      Doc prescribed a zpack and nasal spray. Hopefully it helps.
      Dang you’re hard headed.

Try the nasal rinse, it gets the snot out and you immediately feel an improvement. Do it daily and keep that nasty stuff out of your sinus cavity.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
        Anyone else have problems with sinus infections? It seems like I’m getting them more often, 8-12 a year I’m guessing. Through out the year I feel I’m more sick than healthy sometimes. What do y’all do to help with it? I asked the Dr today and she prescribed antibiotics and some nasal spray. Hopefully it works.
        Yep. Two sinus surgeries later and I haven't had one in four years.

Cleaned me out and opened up my sinuses so they drain properly, I also had polyps everywhere.

Go to a good ENT and have a CT if they are that frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
          Back in March I had nasal surgery. I had 100% blocked sinuses, and my sinuses were always full of gunk. This was an all the time occurrence, they never drained. I also snored like a drunk bear, and it really hurt our sleeping pattern, in turn it was hurting our marriage. The Doc cleared my sinuses, balloon sinuplasty in my sinuses passageways, fixed my deviated septum, cut out my uvula. I can actually breath out of nose now, don’t have infected sinuses, and my snoring has reduced dramatically. It was totally with the pain of surgery.
          I had a similar experience. Worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterDan2006 View Post
            I had that problem for many years. Seemed like I would just get well then develop another sinus infection. I went to an ENT doctor that tested me for allergies and I went on allergy shots. That made a world of difference. I rarely got sinus infections. I took allergy shots for about 20 years. I think I just got tired of going to pick up the serum from the doctor, but I quit and still have not had problems with sinus infections or allergies.

After surgery I did allergy testing with the same ENT and did allergy shots weekly for two years. It literally has been life changing. I guess I didnt know that I actually couldn't breath for like 30 years prior to surgeries.

Comment

I've had 3 sinus surgeries and use the Navage nasal care system twice a day. (listed on Amazon for $120). I do make my own salt/baking soda mixture to save a ton on the "salt pods". (search youtube). Simple baking soda and pickling salt (pure salt only). Have not had a sinus infection in years. Feel free to PM me for questions. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                Dang you’re hard headed.

Try the nasal rinse, it gets the snot out and you immediately feel an improvement. Do it daily and keep that nasty stuff out of your sinus cavity.
                I’m going to order a neti pot, been looking at reviews. Just getting feedback and doing research before I buy. I appreciate all the comments.

Comment

You might also check your immunoglobulin levels. I found out recently I have a severe immunoglobulin deficiency commonly called CVID. One of the main things is lots of sinus infections...Might look it up and possibly get it checked out...

Comment

for the last 15 yrs I had been getting 3-5 a year. tons of drainage, sore throats, can't sleep, etc...same as you fellers, steroids n antibiotics... I started Flonase 6 months ago, and stopped drinking beer 7 days/week, take a claritin everyday. so far this year, I've only had one, and my body shook it after 2 weeks of minor fever/headaches... that's the 1st time in a decade I didn't have to go the the DR good luck to you

Comment

Up until the past year or two, I suffered from horrible allergies. Sneezing, a runny nose, and not being able to breath was a normal part of my life. I also had regular ear and sinus infections. I had all of this while using daily allergy medicine and even allergy shots as a kid.

About two years ago my mom convinced me to start taking daily probiotics. I was pretty skeptical at first, but I now think there may be something to it. Other than cedar season, my allergies are mostly gone. I also haven't been sick in this same time period. I am not going to claim that probiotics have been the magic cure for me, but there is definitely a correlation between my allergies getting better and taking them.

For the record, I still take Zyrtec daily. I will also add Flonase and a nose rinse during cedar season. At any rate, I hope you find a solution. I have been in your shoes and it is no fun!

Comment

Septoplasty 15 years ago. Never had another issue

Comment

I used to get them pretty bad. I'd take a Z-pack and it'd go away and then I'd get another in a month or so. I had a waterpik that I flushed my sinuses with using warm salt water. I once was so stopped up that I came home from work just to eat a spoonful of horseradish... the coughing, spitting and choking actually cleared them up a little. I went to Texas Ear, Nose and Throat in the Woodlands, where I waited for 1-1/2 hours, lost my cool, made a scene and am likely not welcomed back...without ever seeing a doctor. In the end, I just willed myself better. As I've gotten older, my body knows better than to try and turn on me.

Comment

Working...
                          X