Nuclear stress test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuclear stress test?

How many have had a nuclear stress test? I'm scheduled for one on the 19th. Honestly, I'm a little scared. On a treadmill you can bail out if something doesn't feel right. On the nuclear you can't do a durn thing. The last stress test I had was in '16. I went from the treadmill straight to the ER. I am not looking forward to this at all.

I had one about 2 months ago. I didn't have any problems.

Comment

I had one a couple years ago. I’m younger (late 30’s) and I didn’t have any issues. Everyone I talked to made it sound way way worse than it really was. I actually got a little nervous going in. When they maxed out the treadmill, it was just barely over a quick walk for me so it wasn’t much of a problem.

Comment

Wife had a couple..over last 5y she said no big deal

Comment

Sounds like the stress test has already started.

Comment

Worse thing about any stress test is that it can miss so much. A calcium score is a much better test to determine heart health. Good luck on your test.

-john

Comment

I've had two. No issues from the test. They found issues that would have been fatal and fixed them after the last one.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                I had one a couple years ago. I’m younger (late 30’s) and I didn’t have any issues. Everyone I talked to made it sound way way worse than it really was. I actually got a little nervous going in. When they maxed out the treadmill, it was just barely over a quick walk for me so it wasn’t much of a problem.
                This one is not on a treadmill. It is chemically induced. My knee's have gotten so bad that a treadmill is out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                  Sounds like the stress test has already started.
                  I think you're right.

Comment

Both are useful tools. A good doctor knows when to use which.
                    Mine uses stress echos and the calcium for me.

Gary

Comment

I've had one and it was a breeze!! Nuclear test only last of 1 1/2-2 minutes. Two things they told me was you will get a warm feeling on your forehead and the boys downstairs. Test was quite easy!! Don't stress about this stress test.....

Comment

Had one. Afterwards.... straight to the cath lab.

More accurate than the treadmill or ekg from what the dr. told me.

Comment

I do a Nuclear stress test daily. I'm a scheduler at a nuclear power plant. lolz

Comment

I’ve had a couple of those. Never a problem. You’ll do ok.

Comment

Working...
                            X