No announcement yet.

Scotch Drinkers, got a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balcones Rumble made down in Waco is a good Texas made single malt whisky. I find it similar to a good mix of scotch/irish delight. Not all that expensive and made right here. Better than Johnny Red for sure.

Comment

OP, what is your traditional go to whiskey/bourbon? that will help with recommendations. Scotchs come in all different flavor profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
        OP, what is your traditional go to whiskey/bourbon? that will help with recommendations. Scotchs come in all different flavor profiles.
        Right now it is Jim Beam Black Label or if I steal some from my wife it is Knob Creek. there are a lot of bourbons I like.

Comment

I love a good Single Malt Scotch Whisky!! My go to is The Macallan 18. A little more often it would be the 12 yr old stuff. The Macallan, Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, etc... For a less expensive, but pretty good every day whisky, it was Glen Moray 12. Not bad for a less expensive Speyside Single Malt!!

Neat always

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
            Can I borrow a quart mason jar full?
            If I had some, I would make sure you did too.

Comment

Monkey Shoulder is a great blend. good for someone that is new to scotch. every non scotch drinker I have introduced to it has loved it. very reasonable as well.

Comment

Got one of these as a present and not a Scotch drinker, anyone know what it goes for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                  got one of these as a present and not a scotch drinker, anyone know what it goes for?

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                  ~$100

Have not tried it

Comment

Dalmore

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Right now it is Jim Beam Black Label or if I steal some from my wife it is Knob Creek. there are a lot of bourbons I like.
                      in that case, i'd suggest trying some Balvenie doublewood to start. it's fantastic scotch in its own right as well as being a great bridge from bourbon to the scotch world.

Comment

Balvenie among many others mentioned above are good ones. Stay away from real peaty stuff as a starter (Laphroaig).

Probably will get flamed for this, but it you aren't into it neat or with a little ice then try a little unflavored club soda. The effervescence opens up alot of flavors

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilazo View Post
                          ~$100

Have not tried it
                          oh wow

Comment

Mudslinger...DO NOT drink anything less than 12yrs. It will curl your toes. My preference is 15-18 yr. Some blends are good. Dewars White label is a fair blend...and not expensive.

For cutting your teeth...Id say Johnny Walker Red...then graduate to Johnny Black...theyre both fairly mild.

I like the Cutty Sark Probibition Era 100 proof for mixing with well water and sipping periodically whilst working in the yard. Much less dehydrating than beer.
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Twin Liquors had this not to long ago for $75-$80.
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Again, professionally speaking, the reason to drink Laphroaig or Octomore is so you get to drink your own scotch. If you want something else maybe one of the girls can bring something back with the flavored seltzers.

Well Mudslinger, what did you go with?

Comment

Working...
                                X