Cuddeback cellular cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuddeback cellular cameras

Has anybody tried the new multi-camera systems that Cuddeback has come out with? I’ve had poor results with my Spartan’s and this sounded like it might be a more affordable system for multiple cameras ($550 for 3 cameras) and with Verizon being a stronger signal in our area maybe better results.

What sort of issues are you experiencing with the Spartan cams??

There was a member that mentioned he had a few cameras. I will try to find the thread.

Here is the link. You might reach out to him.

Last edited by Pedernal; 06-30-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I’m running 4 plus a cell home. The system is working well for me. I did have one camera crap out on me. Still works, just eats batteries up for some reason. The other three are all working fine. It is definitely a cheaper alternative and really helps get pictures via cell cam when there is limited service. None of my cameras would have cell signal where they are located, but I have the cell home located on a hill where it receives all the pictures from the other camera and send them to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post

There was a member that mentioned he had a few cameras. I will try to find the thread.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=Cuddeback
        Thanks, but I think it is the service in our area. Get them going for a while, then they crap out on us again. That’s why I’m interested in a different carrier.

Comment

Spartans use Verizon

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
            I’m running 4 plus a cell home. The system is working well for me. I did have one camera crap out on me. Still works, just eats batteries up for some reason. The other three are all working fine. It is definitely a cheaper alternative and really helps get pictures via cell cam when there is limited service. None of my cameras would have cell signal where they are located, but I have the cell home located on a hill where it receives all the pictures from the other camera and send them to me.
            Thanks for the response. How long have you had them out and how much is your data plan running with 5 cameras out if you don’t mind me asking?
            Are the images fairly good quality? All info is greatly appreciated!

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=Cuddeback
              Thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by drslonghorn View Post
                Thanks, but I think it is the service in our area. Get them going for a while, then they crap out on us again. That’s why I’m interested in a different carrier.
                Reason, I ask about the Spartan cameras is that some of ours seem to "freeze"... They just don't connect to the cell network and will just sit there until reset(power off and back on). It appears/seems to happen when strong lightning storms hit our area.

Comment

Originally posted by drslonghorn View Post
                  Thanks for the response. How long have you had them out and how much is your data plan running with 5 cameras out if you don’t mind me asking?
                  Are the images fairly good quality? All info is greatly appreciated!
                  $20/mo total for all cameras.

I have been running them since last year and up to this point, so roughly a year.

The pictures are good. As with any cell camera, the transmitted images will not be full sized pictures, so they won’t be AS clear, but they are plenty good enough to see what bucks are what. The pictures are great once you pull the card.

Comment

Reason, I ask about the Spartan cameras is that some of ours seem to "freeze"... They just don't connect to the cell network and will just sit there until reset(power off and back on). It appears/seems to happen when strong lightning storms hit our area.
                    Not sure what happens to them, but I suspect it is ATT that keeps changing the signal in our area. I have had 2 different generations of Spartan cameras and both have been problematic. When they work they are great, but when they don’t it is frustrating.
                    Ready to try something new.

Comment

$20/mo total for all cameras.

I have been running them since last year and up to this point, so roughly a year.

The pictures are good. As with any cell camera, the transmitted images will not be full sized pictures, so they won’t be AS clear, but they are plenty good enough to see what bucks are what. The pictures are great once you pull the card.
                      Appreciate the info. I may give them a try.

Comment

Is the lack of cell signal down in a low lying area? Have the same issue get cell service up high but not down low. That sounds like what you’re using them for. Do you have issues with them not connecting to each other due to change in elevation?

Comment

Originally posted by rockspringshunt View Post
                          Is the lack of cell signal down in a low lying area? Have the same issue get cell service up high but not down low. That sounds like what you’re using them for. Do you have issues with them not connecting to each other due to change in elevation?
                          That is exactly my issue. Even other places other than low areas just don’t have good signal. We’re out in the sticks.

As long as your signal strength is 30+, they should work flawlessly. They say 20%, but I have noticed that the signal can fluctuate a bit, so I try to keep it a little higher than what they say. I’m getting pictures from 3 cams that without this system, I wouldn’t be receiving any “cell” pictures.

Comment

That is exactly my issue. Even other places other than low areas just don’t have good signal. We’re out in the sticks.

As long as your signal strength is 30+, they should work flawlessly. They say 20%, but I have noticed that the signal can fluctuate a bit, so I try to keep it a little higher than what they say. I’m getting pictures from 3 cams that without this system, I wouldn’t be receiving any “cell” pictures.
                            What’s the farthest link you have between cameras? I’m hesitant to buy these and then not work because I’d want to to link from creek bottom to hill top buts it’s very thick with trees and I’m worried it won’t link. Also goes up and down a little so may have to go through a little bit of earth, mostly rock because I’m in hill country.

Comment

You ever compared the number of pictures saved on all the cameras SD cards to what you actually received in email? What percentage of the pictures taken end up getting sent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X