LS Tractors Experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LS Tractors Experience?

Anybody have real experience with LS Tractors? Been thinking about replacing my Kubota M5040 with a little bit larger tractor. There is a low hour 70hp LS tractor for sell near me and a dealer about 20min away. Just checking to see if anybody has any real experience with them.

My daughter has a small one. I think it's like 32hp. About 3 years old and nary a hiccup. Sips diesel but the tank only holds 5 or 6 gallons, but you can shred all day on that.

Comment

Originally posted by keestan31 View Post
      Anybody have real experience with LS Tractors? Been thinking about replacing my Kubota M5040 with a little bit larger tractor. There is a low hour 70hp LS tractor for sell near me and a dealer about 20min away. Just checking to see if anybody has any real experience with them.
      so how much $$ on the Kubota?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        so how much $$ on the Kubota?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        Not sure yet…need to figure out what it’s worth.

Comment

I've got a friend with an LS 3033 that I work on occasionally. There's one old shop in Temple that sells parts, but other than that, it's hard to find support for it. It seems like a decent light-use tractor for around an acre or two, but I don't fully trust it for the bigger stuff. I'd love to find someone who can say they swear by them.

Meanwhile, a ton of people swear by Kubota, John Deere, and others.

Comment

Look at branson and compare specs to anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              Look at branson and compare specs to anything else.
              Why look at a tractor company that is out of business?
              I had a LS cab tractor for several years, I was very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                Why look at a tractor company that is out of business?
                I had a LS cab tractor for several years, I was very happy with it.
                I heard they merged with another company and the brand name will remain intact… maybe that was incorrect.

Comment

LS makes tractors for several other companies, especially 55HP and down.

I've had an LS XR4155 with Cab for about 2 or 3 years. Exact same tractor as the Case Farmall 55C.

I think I paid over $10k or less for the LS name, instead of Case.

I like it, but also haven't really worked it hard or that much....but being the same tractor as several other brands in reality, I'm comfortable with it long term.

I use mine around my 30 acres to move stuff, plant food plots, dig a little.
                  Last edited by Bulldawg87; 03-21-2023, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Branson is now TYM. They intend to keep all the model designations for now. There will be some overlap which inevitably will disappear.

I've heard that LS is a decent tractor. I can't say that I have ever seen one in my local area. The support here is for JD, New Holland, and Kubota. Your best bet is to talk with an independent tractor mechanic about parts availability and if he will work on the machine. I'm interested in TYM and Kioti. The problem is where the support is located and what it will cost to transport the tractor for service and repair. Those dollars saved up front can come with a price later on if you have to add $1000 to the repair bill just to move the tractor.

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvoqRHzO7c"]This Tractor Brand is Gone! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lost10mm View Post
                        I've got a friend with an LS 3033 that I work on occasionally. There's one old shop in Temple that sells parts, but other than that, it's hard to find support for it. It seems like a decent light-use tractor for around an acre or two, but I don't fully trust it for the bigger stuff. I'd love to find someone who can say they swear by them.

Meanwhile, a ton of people swear by Kubota, John Deere, and others.
                        That place closed down. Going to be a new temple feed store.

Comment

Ls xu6168

I've run a cab LS (68hp, 60 @ PTO) in Brady for 6 years now. It's been great. No issues. Pull a 7' shredder mostly. FEL gets lots of use.

Other than that I pull a small disc and box blade.

Like a previous post stated, goes through the diesel slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                            Branson is now TYM. They intend to keep all the model designations for now. There will be some overlap which inevitably will disappear.

I've heard that LS is a decent tractor. I can't say that I have ever seen one in my local area. The support here is for JD, New Holland, and Kubota. Your best bet is to talk with an independent tractor mechanic about parts availability and if he will work on the machine. I'm interested in TYM and Kioti. The problem is where the support is located and what it will cost to transport the tractor for service and repair. Those dollars saved up front can come with a price later on if you have to add $1000 to the repair bill just to move the tractor.
                            A lot of New Holland and Case tractors are also made by TYM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                              A lot of New Holland and Case tractors are also made by TYM.
                              Forgot about the New Holland 55HP and down are usually LS Tractors too.

Comment

Working...
                              X