2022-2023 Somerville public hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoganAY View Post
    I was out there this evening. I finally found water and a lot of tracks in the mud but didn’t see anything. Hopefully I’ll see something soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I’ve been doing too, finding some water the set up. No luck yet though. Good luck!

Comment

Went out for an afternoon/evening hunt. DidnÂ’t see any deer and my game camera has been stolen. Sick.

I swear when I finally shoot a deer here itÂ’s gonna be the best day of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by BulletSAR View Post
        Went out for an afternoon/evening hunt. DidnÂ’t see any deer and my game camera has been stolen. Sick.

I swear when I finally shoot a deer here itÂ’s gonna be the best day of my life.

That’s infuriating.

I check this thread daily hoping to see a picture of a deer. I will celebrate with you!

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
          That’s what I’ve been doing too, finding some water the set up. No luck yet though. Good luck!

You too! We might be getting several days of rain starting this weekend. That might get some wildlife moving out there!

Comment

Did my private message go through? It shows I never sent anything, yet I did...

Comment

Originally posted by PLBowhunter View Post
              Did my private message go through? It shows I never sent anything, yet I did...

Yes sir. I replied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganAY View Post
                You too! We might be getting several days of rain starting this weekend. That might get some wildlife moving out there!

I sure hope that’s the case. We had a lot more deer activity a while back when it rained on and off for a couple weeks. The activity lasted for almost two weeks then back to just a few or no pictures each day.

Comment

Get some cable locks. I’m not saying that will solve every issue but maybe help. The first few years out there I had cards stolen or people would sneak up behind the camera to put branches or even duct tape over the lens. You just can’t fix stupid. Some people are just jerks.

Comment

Get some cable locks. I’m not saying that will solve every issue but maybe help. The first few years out there I had cards stolen or people would sneak up behind the camera to put branches or even duct tape over the lens. You just can’t fix stupid. Some people are just jerks.

That is for sure!

Comment

Was it a SPYPOINT in a lock box? I went out Tuesday and Wednesday and I happened upon a still locked lock box with no camera. I wondered how in the heck that was possible.

I also saw a Muddy? camera right off a main trail hip height that would be easy pickings.

Speaking of, quick poll I opted to walk behind the tree out of view as to stay out of his spot so
                      To speak. After thinking about it awhile though. I feel like I’d probably rather get the picture of a hunter walking through so I know how often and when it last happened to judge the level of pressure. What do y’all do?

Comment

Originally posted by DieXarr0w88 View Post
                        Was it a SPYPOINT in a lock box? I went out Tuesday and Wednesday and I happened upon a still locked lock box with no camera. I wondered how in the heck that was possible.

I also saw a Muddy? camera right off a main trail hip height that would be easy pickings.

Speaking of, quick poll I opted to walk behind the tree out of view as to stay out of his spot so
                        To speak. After thinking about it awhile though. I feel like I’d probably rather get the picture of a hunter walking through so I know how often and when it last happened to judge the level of pressure. What do y’all do?

I’ve seen a few spy points in lock boxes but they look like they’ve been out there for a couple years.

It depends on where the camera is. If it’s a main entry exit spot for an area I just keep on walking and do what I’m there to do. If I find an area that look like something I would hunt and find a camera I mark it on my OnX maps then don’t go near the area again.

Comment

Originally posted by DieXarr0w88 View Post

It is a muddy that got stolen. Opted for the lower price one if/when it got stolen and lo and behold it did. Also in regards to your question, I normally walk through so they can see who’s walking through and which direction. Never does it pop in my mind “I should steal that”.

Comment

Anybody headed out there tomorrow? Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

Anybody headed out there tomorrow? Good luck to everyone this weekend.

I won’t be able to get back out there until next week.

Comment

I’ll be there Sunday and Monday. Might Bonzai in on Tuesday evening too.

Comment

Working...
                                X