No announcement yet.

Ceramic window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have ceramic on my truck and to be honest I can't tell the difference between ceramic and regular tint but it wasn't that much higher. They will hold up a regular tinted window to a heat lamp and then the ceramic to the same lamp and you can feel a difference but I can't really tell the difference in my truck.

Mayhem, yes you can add it to your house. I am actually looking to add tint to all my windows soon and get rid of the solar screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Dad View Post
      Thanks guys! Lots of good info! I’m looking to do all windows and windshield. I’m waiting on quotes now. I was guessing the 400-600 range. I have been wondering if it would pass inspection with the windshield being tinted looking for 80 or 90%. I’m in the DFW area (frisco) looking if anyone has had work done. I did see one GP shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will pass inspection. I did my 3500 plus the eye brow on front windshield. Best purchase in a while. I have black leather and the tint makes a huge difference. You will not regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Can you put this on house windows?

Yes. Lots of places are doing homes, businesses and auto. One of the guys on here said he did his east and west windows and it made a big difference.

Comment

Well looks like I learned something new today. Now I need some for a Kubota cab.

Comment

It works amazing. Do it.

Comment

Took my wife’s car to get tinted today. Ceramic tint was $100 more and has a life time warranty. The plain has a 2 year warranty. Stuff was awesome and I wanted the ceramic. But wife didn’t want it in her car because of the price.

They did have 70% and the lady said it was for front windshield.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I also have it for the windsheild. It was wavy/blurry for a few months. I dont see it anymore. They did tell me that it would smooth out over time.

Comment

Bumping this old thread... I bought a new truck and want to get clear ceramic on the windshield and tinted ceramic on the sunroof. Anyone have issues seeing through it at night in on coming traffic? What about with polarized sunglasses?

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                    Bumping this old thread... I bought a new truck and want to get clear ceramic on the windshield and tinted ceramic on the sunroof. Anyone have issues seeing through it at night in on coming traffic? What about with polarized sunglasses?
                    I don’t have any issues besides the tint percentage. 5% on the sides is hard to see through regardless if it’s ceramic or regular film. Absolutely get ceramic all the way around, but go with the lightest percentage they offer for the windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post

It really bothers my wife driving at night. . She catches a heck of a glare . At first I kinda liked it . I won’t do it again . If anything I will tint the front window.

Comment

Ceramic is the way to go. I did 5% on rear window and 2 back windows, 20% on 2 front windows. I want to tint my windshield too, but I drive so much that I often have to replace the windshield. That being said, if I decided to do my windshield, I would go 100% clear because it is hard to see at night. When backing up at night I have to roll down my front windows to use my mirrors (I don’t really use the backup camera)

Comment

We put it on both of our SUVs last year. All the way around including sunroof and windshield. Both dark grey suvs and black exterior. Makes a HUGE difference during the summer.

Comment

Working...
                          X