Undersized buck dumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
    Could have been someone that got scared of being in trouble when ground shrinkage kicked in and ran rather than own up to it and hope for some leniency possibly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t hunt in a AR county but I would imagine that this probably happens quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      There is most definetly a tag on the right antler with a white zip tie.
      It sure looks like it.

Tell your brother to cut his tag off before he dumps it next time OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
        It sure looks like it.

Tell your brother to cut his tag off before he dumps it next time OP.

Honestly that’s what I’m thinking, there is definitely a tag on that deer, and he won’t respond to people saying it’s a tag.... fishy

Comment

No doubt a tag. You can even see wording on it.

Comment

If this is in an AR County then the Game Warden should be called. If it was illegally dumped then the Game Warden should be called. It looks to be legally tagged. If it's not an AR County then there may be no crime here

The hunter took the meat he's required to

Edit: I see OP where you're positive it was not tagged. He probably got the meat in the cooler and pulled the tag off the deer when he dumped it.
            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 12-01-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks AC thanks what we are thinking too. It was in the ditch area across from our property. My brother was 2 feet away from this deer when he looked at it and there is without a doubt 100 Percent NOT a tag on the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                Thanks AC thanks what we are thinking too. It was in the ditch area across from our property. My brother was 2 feet away from this deer when he looked at it and there is without a doubt 100 Percent NOT a tag on the deer.

So did he look at it and take a picture at different times??

Comment

I once called GW about a deer dumped in ditch at our house, he asked me what he was supposed to do about it.......don't know, just figured out of season you might want to know.....which pretty much meant if I didn't see who did it then pretty much nothing he could do

Guess things go differently when the cameras are running, then it's CSI.....

Comment

Called a GW once about a doe dumped doe down the road from my house. It had been gut shot. They took the hindquarters and dumped it. GW was less than interested and almost seemed ****** to be there.....Never again.

Comment

No he took the picture when he found it. There was NOT a Tag.

Comment

So what is the zip tie and piece of paper in the picture?

Comment

Maybe he could go back and double check. I believe the TBHCSI is on to something here. Where is it? I will go. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                            So what is the zip tie and piece of paper in the picture?

I think that's the white from his left ear that looks like a tag..I thought it was a tag at first glance.

Comment

Who measured the deer at 12 1/2”?

Comment

Originally posted by tobyb2007 View Post
                                Who measured the deer at 12 1/2”?
                                That’s what I was wondering. Surely if someone measured it that close then they would’ve seen what appears to be a piece of paper ziptied

Comment

Working...
                                X