Hope for the best ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    It's called an accident. He should not be punished unless you can prove he just wanted to kill an innocent man for no reason.
    Yep. That is why a manslaughter charge is appropriate in this case. If I have an accident and kill someone I would be charged with it. I am sure the officer wasn't out to kill someone but accident or not a man is dead who shouldn't be. Being a police officer is a tough job where a mistake can be deadly. Unfortunately, in this case, a charge should be leveled against the officer as justice is supposed to be blind and let the evidence play out in court. It just sucks because of the circumstances. Maybe the family of the deceased will decline to seek/press charges, but i doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post
      Yep. That is why a manslaughter charge is appropriate in this case. If I have an accident and kill someone I would be charged with it. I am sure the officer wasn't out to kill someone but accident or not a man is dead who shouldn't be. Being a police officer is a tough job where a mistake can be deadly. Unfortunately, in this case, a charge should be leveled against the officer as justice is supposed to be blind and let the evidence play out in court. It just sucks because of the circumstances. Maybe the family of the deceased will decline to seek/press charges, but i doubt it.
      This is kinda what i was thinking, but txhunter said it more better

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter007 View Post

After thinking about this a little more i'm in line with this. If it was another Regular Joe who thought he was doing the right thing, he would be getting charged.

Comment

I read the original shooter was also shot (but didnt die), so it could have been just bad aim.

I have also read the cop was white and that Jemels family has already filed a million dollar lawsuit. It has got to be hard to be a cop in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            I read the original shooter was also shot (but didnt die), so it could have been just bad aim.

I have also read the cop was white and that Jemels family has already filed a million dollar lawsuit. It has got to be hard to be a cop in Chicago.
            Apparently not as hard as being a security guard

Comment

Seems accidents are worth a lot of money these days

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                Apparently not as hard as being a security guard
                I think we both can agree that an after hours gambling club in Chicago is probably not the safest place for anybody to frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Seems accidents are worth a lot of money these days
                  How is intentionally someone an accident? Is it like "woops, i didn't mean to shoot you when i pointed my gun at you and pulled the trigger". If someone, even a cop, or maybe especially a cop, shot your kid, i bet suing, and maybe even more would be on your mind.

Comment

I think we both can agree that an after hours gambling club in Chicago is probably not the safest place for anybody to frequent.
                    Like doubly, if the cops are there....

Comment

Like quadruplly, people were getting capped before the cops even showed up.

Wonder if the original shooter gets sued?

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                        How is intentionally someone an accident? Is it like "woops, i didn't mean to shoot you when i pointed my gun at you and pulled the trigger". If someone, even a cop, or maybe especially a cop, shot your kid, i bet suing, and maybe even more would be on your mind.
                        Not defending and yes you are correct RJH1...there would be major repercussions if my son was shot. Guess I was using a broad brush in that statement. However is mistaken identity and accidental kinda one in the same regarding this situation?

Comment

A Midlothian police officer gave “multiple verbal commands” to security officer Jemel Roberson to drop his gun and get on the ground before fatally shooting Roberson at a Robbins bar Sunday morning, according to details from a preliminary Illinois State Police investigation released late Tuesday.

But an attorney for Roberson’s family questioned how quickly police were releasing details of their investigation, and he also took issue with a police description of what Roberson was wearing during the incident.

Roberson, who was black, was working security at the bar. The preliminary report says that Roberson was wearing “plain black clothing with no markings readily identifying him as a Security Guard,” and was “armed with a gun in the west parking lot” of the bar when the Midlothian officer, who is white and was responding to a “shots fired” call at the bar, came upon him.

The report by state police contradicts claims made by the attorney for Roberson’s family that Roberson was wearing a hat that had “security” printed on it.

I dont think the sad event was as cut and dry as the monday morning QBs want it to be.

I dont see a cop rolling up to a "shots fired" event, seeing a guy with a gun drawn on somebody, and then looking to see what he had printed on his hat, after giving him multiple commands. It has to be hard to be a cop on the south side of Chicago.

Comment

A Midlothian police officer gave “multiple verbal commands” to security officer Jemel Roberson to drop his gun and get on the ground before fatally shooting Roberson at a Robbins bar Sunday morning, according to details from a preliminary Illinois State Police investigation released late Tuesday.

But an attorney for Roberson’s family questioned how quickly police were releasing details of their investigation, and he also took issue with a police description of what Roberson was wearing during the incident.

Roberson, who was black, was working security at the bar. The preliminary report says that Roberson was wearing “plain black clothing with no markings readily identifying him as a Security Guard,” and was “armed with a gun in the west parking lot” of the bar when the Midlothian officer, who is white and was responding to a “shots fired” call at the bar, came upon him.

The report by state police contradicts claims made by the attorney for Roberson’s family that Roberson was wearing a hat that had “security” printed on it.

I dont think the sad event was as cut and dry as the monday morning QBs want it to be.

I dont see a cop rolling up to a "shots fired" event, seeing a guy with a gun drawn on somebody, and then looking to see what he had printed on his hat, after giving him multiple commands. It has to be hard to be a cop on the south side of Chicago.
                            If the police officer gave multiple commands to drop the gun and the guy didn't, then the officer did nothing wrong. imo.

Comment

Like quadruplly, people were getting capped before the cops even showed up.

Wonder if the original shooter gets sued?
                              There is a pretty good chance of it assuming he is alive, and probably some jail time too. Generally though people who like to shoot at each other seem to have little to sue for. Maybe sue them for the crack in their pocket, and a percentage of future crack sales?

Comment

Problem is a hat could have gotten knocked in a scuffle and security guard guy might not have even noticed it. Cop yells, maybe security guy yells back (trying to explain), confusion ensues and innocent guy gets shot. But that is just a guess

and if you are holding a dangerous person at gunpoint are you really going to want to lay your gun down and trust anyone, cops included, to keep you from getting attacked, possibly with your own gun. Sometimes cops should maybe listen too? Crazy, I know
                                Last edited by RJH1; 11-14-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X