No announcement yet.

Lets talk grilled shrimp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon wrapped and basted with pepper jelly.just before pulling off grill.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
      Bacon wrapped and basted with pepper jelly.just before pulling off grill.
      Sounds great!!!

Comment

Melt real butter and mix chupacabra rub in it and brush it on shrimp while cooking. Very tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lets talk grilled shrimp...

Thanks fellas... I like the jelly glaze and then the wrapping with bacon and pineapple ideas. The BBQ shrimp and Worcestershire shrimp is going to get a shot as well. Again thank y’all!

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Melt real butter and mix chupacabra rub in it and brush it on shrimp while cooking. Very tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is pretty much what I do with all the seasonings I listed above in the OP. Brushed on real butter and seasoning mixed, then one light dusting of the same seasoning all on skewers. .. followed with squirting lemon on them after it’s done.

Seems like everybody’s “all purpose seasoning” are **** near the same flavor wise these days. Same ingredients with a different label. I have the Chupa brisket magic and like it on steaks and burgers but have not tried it on the shrimp. It’s not far off from Barnacle dust. I’ll pick up the regular Chupa and give it a whirl.

Comment

Marinade in olive oil, minced garlic and shallot.

Comment

Try butterflying the shrimp and cook them in the shell. Brush with that garlic spread used to make toast. I usually sprinkle with Tony's extra spice. Pull them off as soon as they turn white.

This style is common in Port Aransas. It's on a whole other level.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty simple at our house. Marinade in Zesty Italian dressing and cook on skewers. Basting as necessary.

Comment

I occasionally use the Joe’s Stuff Original seasoning for grilled as well as my Bbq shrimp. I used to only be able to find it In NOLA but can get on Amazon now.Mix with butter, lemon and baste.

Comment

We like the Adam's Reserve White Wine and Garlic butter seasoning powder, we get it at HEB. Mix with Olive Oil to marinade for about 30 minutes in the fridge, then grill.

Comment

Combine lemon or lime juice and melted salted butter for baste, lightly sprinkle with cayenne pepper, grill for about 2-3 min per side, simple but good.

Comment

This is not grilled but try bbq shrimp seasoning. Cajun king brand is good.
                        On grill I'll make an aluminum foil boat with butter, garlic, lemon and sprinkle with favorite seasoning

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                          I havent tried it yet, but I've been wanting to get Meat Church Holy VooDoo rub. I havent had any of the Meat Church runs that weren't top notch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          We have an entire shelf of meat church seasonings!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          On the grill and smothered with Robert's Reserve Roasted Pineapple & Habonero Dip. It's spicy. But not fiery hot. Just right!

that's pretty good stuff on skrimps but even better on pork chops.

Our lastest stuff has been this

Comment

I marinade them with Tony's roasted garlic & herb marinade and zesty Italian dressing. In a small bowl mix original Tony's spice and melted butter. Split shrimp down the back and leave the shell on. Skewer them, throw on the grill, and sop them with the butter mix regularly until they turn white. Good stuff, and as mentioned above, squeeze the tail and they come right out of the shell.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                              Marinade in olive oil, minced garlic and shallot.
                              Same here sorta. I put the olive oil & garlic in a pan and let the garlic burn a little & then toss the shrimp in.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                                I marinade them with Tony's roasted garlic & herb marinade and zesty Italian dressing. In a small bowl mix original Tony's spice and melted butter. Split shrimp down the back and leave the shell on. Skewer them, throw on the grill, and sop them with the butter mix regularly until they turn white. Good stuff, and as mentioned above, squeeze the tail and they come right out of the shell.
                                Split them down the belly side not the back right?

Why skewer them?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X