Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanders and his mandated $15/hr dream again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Does the knife cut both ways, in that if the price of a burger goes down so do wages? Because profits NEVER go in one direction forever.

At what point do you not just replace menial tasks with robots (which means that the burger flipper now gets precisely $0) ? -------> thats an honest question and I dont think enough people realize that is where things will go.
    I have heard from someone in the know that a certain fast food chain is working on that already.
    Last edited by Clay C; 02-25-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Then people need to stop accepting the agreed upon pay at the fast food they chose to work at.

No workers...wage will go up to attract workers.

Entry level jobs...not designed to support a living wage.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        I have heard from someone in the know that a certain fast food chain is currently working on that already.
        Every mc D's I have been into has those things where you order and pay with no help. The $15 an hr idiots cant fathom how that kiosk is there to take their job

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Every mc D's I have been into has those things where you order and pay with no help. The $15 an hr idiots cant fathom how that kiosk is there to take their job
          From what I was told it will be going far beyond the order kiosk.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            I think they should be paid more because the burgers they are selling are not $1 anymore. The profit is going in one direction. Billionaires are now raking in trillions - Minimum wage still the same over the same period of time.

This dumb ish is why Russians can influence elections
            Amazon has a store in Seattle that has 0 employees. Everything you touch is scanned by rfid, your account is dinged when you exit

Comment

I hope the whole process is automate and all these idiots end up digging ditches for 7.50

Comment

My daughter wanted something from micky-d one day & drove up to the window & was told the computer was down & couldn't take orders. I asked if the equipment was working to cook food & was told yes, so I told them what I wanted & would be paying cash & they could keep the change. Nope, no deal. They might as well have been robots not being able to cook or count due to being totally dependent with the current gadgets.

Comment

Theirs hope you will actually receive what you ordered without attitude

Comment

The burger might not be $1 anymore but I suspect the profit margin is about the same.
                    Margin is a percentage and tracks inflation. Many of us can remember when a dollar would buy you a hamburger, fries and a coke. Owner made a slick .25 to .30 cents gross. Gasoline was also .14-.18 cents a gallon and a new car cost about $1800 to $2500. My 1967 1/2 GT350 Mustang cost me $3200 in Feb 1968.
                    Last Nov I bought a new truck that listed for $66,426. I'm a 1946 model and my parents' doctor bill for me was under $50 since I was born at home.
                    Leave capitalism alone and it will take care of itself. It's all relative.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      Does the knife cut both ways, in that if the price of a burger goes down so do wages? Because profits NEVER go in one direction forever.

At what point do you not just replace menial tasks with robots (which means that the burger flipper now gets precisely $0) ? -------> thats an honest question and I dont think enough people realize that is where things will go.
                      No. That's when you get layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Margin is a percentage and tracks inflation. Many of us can remember when a dollar would buy you a hamburger, fries and a coke. Owner made a slick .25 to .30 cents gross. Gasoline was also .14-.18 cents a gallon and a new car cost about $1800 to $2500. My 1967 1/2 GT350 Mustang cost me $3200 in Feb 1968.
                        Last Nov I bought a new truck that listed for $66,426. I'm a 1946 model and my parents' doctor bill for me was under $50 since I was born at home.
                        Leave capitalism alone and it will take care of itself. It's all relative.

I couldn't agree more!

Comment

Is that tou Cully?
                          who ?

Comment

No kidding. I mean if I can run through Home Depot and come out with 3 sheets of plywood,10 studs, 2 boxes of screws, 8' light tubes, a gallon of polyurethane and check out my items, pay and not one person in there had to lift a finger to help me, I'm fairly certain I can handle ordering and paying for a Super sized #3 at Sonic.

$15/hr my right *** cheek

Comment

They'll even automate the cooking of burgers and fries...hell, we already get our own drinks, napkins, salt and ketchup at most of these places already.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                I think they should be paid more because the burgers they are selling are not $1 anymore. The profit is going in one direction. Billionaires are now raking in trillions - Minimum wage still the same over the same period of time.

While a burger isn't $1 anymore, neither is the supply to make that burger. Goods have gone up, freight has gone up, electric bill has gone up, equipment has gone up, cost of technology has gone up, etc. All of which the owner is paying for, not the minimum wage person who can't make change if the computer is down...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X